Quote from: open face surgery on February 24, 2024, 08:41:38 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 24, 2024, 05:18:30 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on February 24, 2024, 05:14:40 PMThat's just lunacy.

Any Slayer up to and including DI over any Metallica for me.

The Diabolous In Musica in 3rd place? I fuckin love that album

That whole top 3.

Go on so, give yours

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on February 24, 2024, 08:50:54 PMI'd have Puppets and SOH pretty much at the same level, but the clincher is SOH has Ghosts of War, and Puppets doesn't.

First time I played it (side 2) I thought the tape was being chewed. The relief when it actually kicked in was solid.

It's straight off of Reign In Blood. SOH is such a perfect album (no filler, fuck off, even the JP cover is excellent), the only 'big 4' album that tops it is Ride The Lightning.

Dissident Aggressor is one of the best  songs on it.

Quote from: astfgyl on February 24, 2024, 09:00:38 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on February 24, 2024, 08:41:38 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 24, 2024, 05:18:30 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on February 24, 2024, 05:14:40 PMThat's just lunacy.

Any Slayer up to and including DI over any Metallica for me.

The Diabolous In Musica in 3rd place? I fuckin love that album

That whole top 3.

Go on so, give yours

SNM or Hell Awaits in a constantly rotating 1st. Currently Hell Awaits, so SNM 2nd and RiB 3rd. It's arbitrary anyway. It's great that they have so many good albums.

Tried Show No Mercy again this morning just can't get into it for whatever reason. Ended up putting on Divine Intervention after about 5 tracks.

They do have a rake of serious tunes to be fair to them

Black Magic is the best song on SNM, and it's track 6  :laugh:

I've said it before but Divine Intervention is savage. Probably their album that gets the most plays from me after Hell Awaits. Can't agree with your stance on Diabolus though, couple of decent songs but mostly bollocks!

Quote from: Born of Fire on February 25, 2024, 03:25:42 PMI've said it before but Divine Intervention is savage. Probably their album that gets the most plays from me after Hell Awaits. Can't agree with your stance on Diabolus though, couple of decent songs but mostly bollocks!

I fuckin love Diabolous and ì genuinely can't understand why I'm the only one.

Fair enough the rugby one is probably the worst tune they ever had but if we leave that one out it's all solid

Diabolous kinda veers into bro-dude chugga-chugga metal for me, but I'll die on the "Bitter Peace is one of their best songs" hill if I have to  :abbath:

I get it's seen as their nu metal effort but I don't hear that at all even though everyone else seems to.

Agreed about Bitter Peace anyway it's a fuckin cracking tune

Screenshot_20240303_121012_Chrome.jpg

Found in the discography section of the NIN official site. Saw it years back but forgot it was there

This thread is mental, MOP of SoH every day of the week

And Show No Mercy is hands down the best Slayer album and they decline in order they were released.