I picked up that t-shirt when I saw them over here last year but, critically, no poxy dates on the back  8)

Poor old Frank Beck. Kai Hansen hires him as the new singer of Gamma Ray in 2015, but proceeds to do his Hansen solo project, then rejoins Helloween.
I think in nine years with them, he's done a couple of festival shows and a show in an empty venue during Covid. Though they're doing some dates this year... and bringing back Ralf Scheepers for a bunch of them. 

#227 March 09, 2024, 08:26:07 PM Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 08:51:06 PM by Mithrandir
I'll occasionally be in work and just think about the existence of this photo

#228 March 09, 2024, 08:30:12 PM Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 08:51:24 PM by Mithrandir
Quote from: Squigs on March 07, 2024, 08:34:27 PMPossibly controversial AA take - on it's day the Blood Revolt album is the best thing he's put his name to.

Wrong thread but I agree, I really don't think Indoctrine gets the praise it deserves.

Quote from: Squigs on March 09, 2024, 09:06:03 AMDuring the pandemic I started selling loads of old tshirts on Depop. Was a fun way to clear out some stuff and make a few quid too. I had an Emperor shirt with the pale rider on the front and the festival dates for summer 2007 on the back that I picked up at Hellfest that year. Dunno why I sold that one.

I always think/hope with the trend of influencers wearing metal shirts that there's got to be someone walking around Coachella in some Der Sturmer/Absurd/Arghoslent hot shower-esque nsbm merch

Jeff looks like he is about to burst with excitement. Or Heineken.

Quote from: Mithrandir on March 09, 2024, 08:42:21 PM
Quote from: Squigs on March 09, 2024, 09:06:03 AMDuring the pandemic I started selling loads of old tshirts on Depop. Was a fun way to clear out some stuff and make a few quid too. I had an Emperor shirt with the pale rider on the front and the festival dates for summer 2007 on the back that I picked up at Hellfest that year. Dunno why I sold that one.

I always think/hope with the trend of influencers wearing metal shirts that there's got to be someone walking around Coachella in some Der Sturmer/Absurd/Arghoslent hot shower-esque nsbm merch

:laugh: Any Arghoslent shirt I've seen has been less than ambiguous to say the least

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 09, 2024, 08:49:31 PMJeff looks like he is about to burst with excitement. Or Heineken.

He looks like Trump in that pic.

Bolt Thrower's groove is a beautiful thing.

Quote from: Mr Barlow on March 10, 2024, 08:19:22 AMBolt Thrower's groove is a beautiful thing.
I really admire Bolt Thrower for saying they're breaking up and staying broken up unlike a lot of certain other bands

On the other hand, I never got a chance to see them so if they could just do a few shows... :laugh:

Bolt thrower are kind of boring and shit?

Quote from: Mithrandir on March 10, 2024, 09:58:28 AMBolt thrower are kind of boring and shit?

Never got into them. I must give the first one a go sometime as that's the one I get recommended by people but I have IVth Crusade and it did nothing for me. Cool for a song or two but a full album... nein.

Bolt Thrower are fine but really "Realm of Chaos" and "Warmaster" are all you need. Personally "Realm of Chaos" had a huge impact on me when it came out, and they just fell into a formula after "Warmaster" where they became the death metal Status Quo.I've a lot of respect for BT in terms of how they operated, and their integrity overall. I'd not begrudge them a reunion if they chose to do so but I don't see it ever happening.

I genuinely thought that was Jim Thirlwell from Foetus in that photo rather than oul' Ace for a second.

With everything being reissued on vinyl these days, obscure demos and the likes, how much of it is just digital rips we're listening to 🤔

Just found the cassette version of Hell Awaits that I had years ago on Discogs. I knew I hadn't imagined the extra tracks - though I'm sure I had it before 1990. I bought SNM and SOH together when the latter came out, and I'm 100% sure that Live Undead (which had Chemical Warfare tacked on at the end) and this version of Hell Awaits were on the same shelf, both of which I bought a week or two after:

https://www.discogs.com/release/4436964-Slayer-Hell-Awaits