Thread for all those single reply things that clog up the site all the time. Not particular bands being promoted etc but when there's a random thought that doesn't deserve a thread.

I'll start,

It's equally brilliant and absolutely fucking mock when the vocalist does the in between song banter in character.

Eg some of my favourite ever metal moments involve this very thing but when I get down to thinking of it, it's fairly shit in terms of authenticity.

Anyway, over to the rest of ye lads

Much as they suck balls, and have done for over 30 years, I'd take the money and replace Trujillo in a fucken heartbeat.

No band has yet filled the void that Type O Negative has left..

#3 November 20, 2023, 09:35:03 PM Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:39:27 PM by Eoin McLove
Quote from: The Heretic on November 20, 2023, 09:27:55 PMNo band has yet filled the void that Type O Negative has left..

How could they? Pete Steele is one of a kind, and that has been illustrated by the couple of Type O off-shoots that have emerged since his death. It would be cool too see the lads do something gloomy together without trying to recapture the Type O buzz. A tall order I suppose seeing as Hickey  and Silver were also integral to the overall sound.

It must be incredibly sad for folks like Slash, Kerry King, Zakk Wylde etc who have evolved into walking caricatures of themselves. Surely they must at some stage want to tell the world to fuck off that they want to have a shave, lose the trademark image and do something different... although most of those lads come across as mongos so perhaps they don't see it that way.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 20, 2023, 09:35:03 PM
Quote from: The Heretic on November 20, 2023, 09:27:55 PMNo band has yet filled the void that Type O Negative has left..

How could they? Pete Steele is one of a kind, and that had been illustrated by the couple of Type O off-shoots that have emerged since his death. It would be cool too see the lads do something gloomy together without trying to recapture the Type O buzz. A tall order I suppose seeing as Hikey and Silver were also integral to the overall sound.

Be sure not to include Johnny Kelly in that one or Sal Abruscato will leave a horses head in your bed!

Quote from: astfgyl on November 20, 2023, 07:52:34 PMIt's equally brilliant and absolutely fucking mock when the vocalist does the in between song banter in character.

Death metal vocalists itnroducing the songs in their DM voice, that kinda thing? Almost as bad as Robb Flynn's onstage 'banter'.

Quote from: The Great Cull on November 20, 2023, 09:39:53 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 20, 2023, 09:35:03 PM

How could they? Pete Steele is one of a kind, and that had been illustrated by the couple of Type O off-shoots that have emerged since his death. It would be cool too see the lads do something gloomy together without trying to recapture the Type O buzz. A tall order I suppose seeing as Hikey and Silver were also integral to the overall sound.

Be sure not to include Johnny Kelly in that one or Sal Abruscato will leave a horses head in your bed!

The drum machine was implied.

It'll never happen outside of ai having a go at it. There just can't be anything like it

Quote from: Bürggermeister on November 20, 2023, 08:17:22 PMMuch as they suck balls, and have done for over 30 years, I'd take the money and replace Trujillo in a fucken heartbeat.

I'd play the triangle for the cunts if it was going

Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2023, 10:13:23 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on November 20, 2023, 07:52:34 PMIt's equally brilliant and absolutely fucking mock when the vocalist does the in between song banter in character.

Death metal vocalists itnroducing the songs in their DM voice, that kinda thing? Almost as bad as Robb Flynn's onstage 'banter'.

That's the one, but every now and again you'll have a lad calling out an intro to something in their regular voice and then screaming out the last word or two and it goes great.

And then there's the My Dying Bride live from eindhoven version as found on the bonus tracks on The Angel And The Dark River CD, which is fucking hilarious

Quote from: The Great Cull on November 20, 2023, 09:37:11 PMIt must be incredibly sad for folks like Slash, Kerry King, Zakk Wylde etc who have evolved into walking caricatures of themselves. Surely they must at some stage want to tell the world to fuck off that they want to have a shave, lose the trademark image and do something different... although most of those lads come across as mongos so perhaps they don't see it that way.

I doubt King has the self-awareness. He probably goes to bed with more chains than Mr. T.

Quote from: astfgyl on November 20, 2023, 07:52:34 PMThread for all those single reply things that clog up the site all the time. Not particular bands being promoted etc but when there's a random thought that doesn't deserve a thread.

I'll start,

It's equally brilliant and absolutely fucking mock when the vocalist does the in between song banter in character.

Eg some of my favourite ever metal moments involve this very thing but when I get down to thinking of it, it's fairly shit in terms of authenticity.

Anyway, over to the rest of ye lads
I agree, the likes of Cannibal Corpse is both cringe and entertaining at the same time. I wouldn't change a thing ha ha ha

Mille Petrozza screeching between songs isn't as much craic as it used to be.