Why don't more doom bands throw in the odd blast beat like Disembowelment to stop me from nodding off?

Check out Spectral Voice and Indessinence. Many newer bands are at it too but seem to bring almost nothing original to the table unfortunately.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 22, 2023, 10:09:53 AMCheck out Spectral Voice and Indessinence. Many newer bands are at it too but seem to bring almost nothing original to the table unfortunately.

Cheers, I'll give them a listen.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 22, 2023, 07:14:58 AMThat was back in the 90s so more influential on our generation, no?

Pantera are still pretty big now and most of their pictures together were taken in the 90s. It really is only a thought. I have no idea what young people are up to at all.

When the new Pantera album coming out..... random thought.....

Quote from: KingHostile on November 22, 2023, 11:45:47 AMWhen the new Pantera album coming out..... random thought.....

Hopefully never.

Every now and again I think about the fuckin state of Nick Holmes' vocals on that PL song "Perfect Mask".  No idea what possessed the lad to do Jonathan Davis vocals for the whole thing but it's brutal.

I haven't heard that one. May give it a listen later  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 23, 2023, 07:58:18 AMI haven't heard that one. May give it a listen later  :laugh:
Do.  Once you think about Korn while listening to it, it's ruined forever.  Not exactly a highlight of their career either way :laugh:

It really was a very starenge time for them.
Has aged so, sooooo badly!

Who the fuck came up with the idea of replacing John Christ with Tommy Victor?

The bands of the 70s and 80s were lucky to have gone through the whole sex, drugs and rock and roll experience. They must look at the current scene and count their blessings...

Haha yeah, first time ogling a chick and the band have to disband, groveling in shame  :laugh:

If all the Hardcore lads have to show respect to get respect, then are they all still waiting in a respectless world for someone to show respect or has someone deviated from the status quo and shown respect without first receiving it, creating an environment of mutual respect and, if so, who was this renegade?