Quote from: Mithrandir on March 05, 2024, 04:25:10 AMThis thread is mental, MOP of SoH every day of the week

And Show No Mercy is hands down the best Slayer album and they decline in order they were released.
Ah, they don't decline in order. No way! Hell Awaits is better than SNM. I love how evil it is. Divine Intervention is my most played these days, just love the agrresion and drums on it. Side note, the song Gemini at the end of Undisputed Attitude is a lost gem. Excellent song, never seems to get mentioned at all.

Fucking love Gemini. Tied myself in knots trying to follow the drums as a young fella.

Why is Alan Averill so obsessed with nooses/gallows? He probably dresses up as a hangman and calls herself a traitor before they do it doggy style amongst the ruins.

Careful, you might end up on a pyre
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Vlad III on March 07, 2024, 03:55:21 PMWhy is Alan Averill so obsessed with nooses/gallows? He probably dresses up as a hangman and calls herself a traitor before they do it doggy style amongst the ruins.

Noose
Gallows
Wounded animals
Brothers
Sisters
Martyrs
Pierced
Pyres
Culture
Heathens
Wind
Ruins

Could play bingo with his motifs!

Possibly controversial AA take - on it's day the Blood Revolt album is the best thing he's put his name to.

Forgot what thread I was in haha

I've posited that before, basically anytime after I listen to Blood Revolt. Real gritty stuff.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Is it just me or does Trabolgan sound like the name of a Norwegian black metal band.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 08, 2024, 02:13:20 AMIs it just me or does Trabolgan sound like the name of a Norwegian black metal band.
:laugh: I have that Trabolgan tape split there with Castlemartyr if you're looking for a copy

I got a copy in a trade with Euronymous back in the day before I even knew who he was or what black metal was or what tape trading was.

Quote from: Squigs on March 07, 2024, 08:34:27 PM
Quote from: Vlad III on March 07, 2024, 03:55:21 PMWhy is Alan Averill so obsessed with nooses/gallows? He probably dresses up as a hangman and calls herself a traitor before they do it doggy style amongst the ruins.

Noose
Gallows
Wounded animals
Brothers
Sisters
Martyrs
Pierced
Pyres
Culture
Heathens
Wind
Ruins

Could play bingo with his motifs!

You forgot Nations!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 08, 2024, 08:52:59 AMI got a copy in a trade with Euronymous back in the day before I even knew who he was or what black metal was or what tape trading was.

In that case you'll of course know "Trabolgan" was the lost demo Darkthrone recorded between "Thulcandra" and "Cromlech".Their little known satanic funk metal demo.

It's mad to me that the current UK scene for all its national flag waving just copies whatever Yanks are doing, and there are no bands exploring the Peaceville 3 influence (that I know of). Indesinence were the last one I can think of

During the pandemic I started selling loads of old tshirts on Depop. Was a fun way to clear out some stuff and make a few quid too. I had an Emperor shirt with the pale rider on the front and the festival dates for summer 2007 on the back that I picked up at Hellfest that year. Dunno why I sold that one.