Quote from: Pentagrimes on March 10, 2024, 10:54:46 AMBolt Thrower are fine but really "Realm of Chaos" and "Warmaster" are all you need. Personally "Realm of Chaos" had a huge impact on me when it came out, and they just fell into a formula after "Warmaster" where they became the death metal Status Quo.

Inaccurate: one also needs ...For Victory  :abbath:

I honestly don't find them noticeably less innovative from album to album than most DM bands.

The IVth Crusade, Mercenary and Those Once Loyal are fucking brilliant.

And so is 70's Quo BTW.

I wouldn't say they had a bad album. Depending on the day, any combination would be in my top 3. If asked now I'd go for War Master, ...For Victory and Those Once Loyal but it's like Maiden - I'd have a different pick depending on mood.

Quote from: The Wretch on March 26, 2024, 01:06:48 AMThe IVth Crusade, Mercenary and Those Once Loyal are fucking brilliant.

And so is 70's Quo BTW.

You are correct sir !

After seeing someone mention it here, I've installed the discogs app to build an inventory of the oul collection. It's full of surprises. There's stuff I would have thought was worth a bit which sells for fuck all and other stuff which I might have dismissed but sells for decent money. It's addictive, I'm dying to scan the rest of it all  :laugh:

Die Young is one hell of a song.

Probably my favourite AiC track
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on March 26, 2024, 07:41:59 PMProbably my favourite AiC track
I'd say he is on about the Black Sabbath song, both killer though.

Oh yeah..right enough :laugh:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Yep,  Black Sabbath  8)

We Die Young is a great song as well.

Realm of Chaos or Those Once Loyal would be the Bolt Thrower albums I would reach for first. Don't think they have a bad album.   

Dan Lilker's going to fill in for Frank Bello on the upcoming Anthrax U.S./S.A. tour. Now that's a show I wouldn't mind seeing.

Quote from: Carnage on March 28, 2024, 12:28:49 PMDan Lilker's going to fill in for Frank Bello on the upcoming Anthrax U.S./S.A. tour. Now that's a show I wouldn't mind seeing.

Wow. I imagine that will change their sound quite a bit, but yeah, I'd like to see that too.

I wonder will they shake things up a bit and play a few more Fistful Of Metal songs? Surely an S.O.D. track or two will make an appearance (probably just the album intro and first track)? Belladonna's ego might not let them, they don't play any Bush era songs these days, as far as I know so he might not want to sing more Turbin ones.

Quote from: Carnage on March 28, 2024, 01:09:52 PMI wonder will they shake things up a bit and play a few more Fistful Of Metal songs? Surely an S.O.D. track or two will make an appearance (probably just the album intro and first track)? Belladonna's ego might not let them, they don't play any Bush era songs these days, as far as I know so he might not want to sing more Turbin ones.

Think the Armed & Dangerous stuff is as far back as Joey will go.