Quote from: open face surgery on October 03, 2024, 04:49:49 PMI did it for a very short stint years ago and it was soul destroying. Someone offered me a glass of water and/or the use of the toilet and that made my day. They had these yank type team building exercises everyday in the office before going out. So grim. I stopped going to that fuckin nonsense and wasn't long sticking around.
I worked as a chugger in London for a morning. I thought maybe there was a way to do the job without being a cunt. There isn't.

Is chugger the name for the coin rattling cunts who block your path on O'Connell St? I remember this fucking dude I used to see often, flailing gangly arms and a big apologetic head on him. As you said, there's no way of not coming off like a cunt when doing that job. Dead arms should be mandatory.

Chuggers ("charity mugger", apparently) are the wans looking to take details and sign you up to charity shite. Dunno what the rattling cunts are called.

Been using the "sorry don't carry cash anymore" excuse for the latter (which is a lie)... gonna piss myself some day when they whip out a portable card machine :laugh:

Quote from: Ducky on October 04, 2024, 05:08:20 AMChuggers ("charity mugger", apparently) are the wans looking to take details and sign you up to charity shite. Dunno what the rattling cunts are called.

Been using the "sorry don't carry cash anymore" excuse for the latter (which is a lie)... gonna piss myself some day when they whip out a portable card machine :laugh:

I just pretend I'm talking on the phone and therefore breeze past them. How they assume people can afford to part with more cash given the state of the economy (everywhere) is baffling. That's not to take away from any good work they are doing but still.

Folks in work who send emails to absolutely everyone like "Just wanted to share photos of my holiday in Italy"...literally no one cares. No one. Piss off 🤬

Quote from: leatherface on October 04, 2024, 09:49:09 AM
Quote from: Ducky on October 04, 2024, 05:08:20 AMChuggers ("charity mugger", apparently) are the wans looking to take details and sign you up to charity shite. Dunno what the rattling cunts are called.

I just pretend I'm talking on the phone and therefore breeze past them. How they assume people can afford to part with more cash given the state of the economy (everywhere) is baffling. That's not to take away from any good work they are doing but still.

I would be sceptical at just how much good that collection money is doing. From what I understand the vast vast majority is wages.

Listening to podcasts that are hosted on iHeartRadio because you have to suffer ads before, during and after each episode and it's always for other podcasts that sound so shite that they could be used as a form of torture in Guantanamo Bay

Quote from: 101_North on October 04, 2024, 10:02:23 AMFolks in work who send emails to absolutely everyone like "Just wanted to share photos of my holiday in Italy"...literally no one cares. No one. Piss off 🤬

I work in a huge multinational and one of the main chat channels is polluted with this fucking C U N T posting "inspirational" bullshit/engagement bait every single day, accompanied by a stupid fucking GIF every time. It's actually so upsetting.

I just can't imagine being a grown man and being that fucking shameless, lol.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on October 04, 2024, 12:40:51 PM
Quote from: 101_North on October 04, 2024, 10:02:23 AMFolks in work who send emails to absolutely everyone like "Just wanted to share photos of my holiday in Italy"...literally no one cares. No one. Piss off 🤬

I work in a huge multinational and one of the main chat channels is polluted with this fucking C U N T posting "inspirational" bullshit/engagement bait every single day, accompanied by a stupid fucking GIF every time. It's actually so upsetting.

I just can't imagine being a grown man and being that fucking shameless, lol.

Recently had to go on linkedin to look for someone's email and was met with a barrage of this style of horror.  No thanks.  People who I know in real life that would drink tuborg in the shell of a house, now posting corporate inspiration as a masquerade. terrifying

Ah lads, don't be so cynical. Be all you can be.

Am I just a moany old bastard or is it sickening all the shite that people put up on facebook about themselves, just been on holiday, have a new kitchen etc etc blah fucking blah. I go to nice places and buy nice things as well but don't feel the need to tell the world about it, as a matter of fact the less that people know the better....

People not directly involved with big companies who go out of their way to defend their shitty practices. The main one that comes to mind is Ryanair how anyone can defend the way this company operates is beyond me but an entire Facbook group exists that is mostly full of people who think they are an amazing airline and have no issue whatsoever with the shit they put people through when it comes to trying to charge you extra for bags and all the other tricks they use to extort as much money from you as possible.

I was over in Prague at the end of August for a gig and on the way home the staff at the desk before you board the plane delayed opening the gate by 20 minutes so they could walk up and down several times by everyone waiting to board gawking at their bags in the hope of pulling them up to the front to charge them extra. As if flying isn't a horrible enough experience as it is without having to put up with this shit. Then when people post about these types of things in the group the replies mostly consist of "if you follow the rules you have nothing to worry about" "Ryanair are amazing I have never had any issues with them" etc.

Yeah that shit is absolutely pathetic lol

Folks walking round airports dragging cases the size of a fucking shoe box 😂🤣

Last time I was getting on a plane the girl at the boarding desk said she could smell beer off me. The flight had been delayed for an hour and I'd had two pints waiting for it. Said to her look I'm actually the finest I only had the 2 pints waiting there and she made me stand to one side while everyone else boarded until a manager could come and look at me to decide that there was in fact not a bother on me. Family was already on the plane thinking I was going to be left behind. Some fuckin pain in the hole. You'd need a pint or two getting on the Ryanair anyway to help ease the pain of having your knees pushed up against your chin for the few hours