Katharsis - VVorld VVithout End

Immolation- Harnessing ruin.

Slayer - God hates us all

A  serious improvement on DIM

Quote from: Blackout on January 25, 2021, 11:42:30 PM

Still not exactly stellar. Couple of good tracks at least though.

Quote from: hellfire on January 26, 2021, 11:05:09 AM
Quote from: Blackout on January 25, 2021, 11:42:30 PM

Still not exactly stellar. Couple of good tracks at least though.

First 4 tracks and bloodline are all decent.

Slayer - Christ Illusion

Decent album and slight return to form.

From all the Slayer albums from DIM to their last, there is some great tracks.But they are surrounded by piles of filler.
If you plucked all the good tracks from the albums over the last 25 years youd come up with a very good Slayer album.

Look for a band that were on the go 35 years all there music was very much listenable!.

Quote from: Paul keohane on January 26, 2021, 12:35:14 PM
From all the Slayer albums from DIM to their last, there is some great tracks.But they are surrounded by piles of filler.
If you plucked all the good tracks from the albums over the last 25 years youd come up with a very good Slayer album.

Look for a band that were on the go 35 years all there music was very much listenable!.

Very true. I find arayas vocals to be fairly underwhelming on the later albums like he was going through the motions. I think he had issues though.

Some totally chillaxed listening at work
Malthusian - Across Deaths
Gealach demo
Dawn Ray'd - Behold Sedition Plainsong

#4060 January 26, 2021, 03:01:13 PM Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 03:09:18 PM by Nazgûl
On now: Tribulation - Children of the Night

Clicking with me today a lot more than last time I put it on. Great atmosphere and genuinely sounds like the soundtrack to a horror film, which I assume may have been a goal of theirs, given the artwork and the nods to bands like Goblin in the music. Despite thinking it was too straight forward before, I'm almost inclined to say it has the same scope and attention to detail as TFOD, just a different sound.

Next up: In Solitude - Sister

#4061 January 26, 2021, 03:23:13 PM Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 03:29:13 PM by Nazgûl
Quote from: boozegeune on January 26, 2021, 02:36:40 PM
Gealach demo

One thing I'm enjoying about working from the house during all of this is listening to tunes... whatever the fuck tunes I want at that -- all the while designing marketing content for a sales app. Makes it all the more bearable.

EDIT: no way I could concentrate listening to Malthusian though  :laugh: :abbath:

Bethlehem -Bethlehem.
Brutality -Scream of Anguish.
Nifelheim -Nilfelheim.
Gorefest -Einhoven Insanity.
Vader -Live in Japan.

Quote from: Nazgûl on January 26, 2021, 03:01:13 PM
On now: Tribulation - Children of the Night

Clicking with me today a lot more than last time I put it on. Great atmosphere and genuinely sounds like the soundtrack to a horror film, which I assume may have been a goal of theirs, given the artwork and the nods to bands like Goblin in the music. Despite thinking it was too straight forward before, I'm almost inclined to say it has the same scope and attention to detail as TFOD, just a different sound.

Next up: In Solitude - Sister

As it happens, I find and I think others mentioned the same at the time, or since, TFOD and Sister are perfect companion piece albums.

Malthusian - Music to relax to since 2013.

Deathspell Omega - The Furnaces of Palingènesia

Quote from: Nazgûl on January 26, 2021, 03:23:13 PM
Quote from: boozegeune on January 26, 2021, 02:36:40 PM
Gealach demo

One thing I'm enjoying about working from the house during all of this is listening to tunes... whatever the fuck tunes I want at that -- all the while designing marketing content for a sales app. Makes it all the more bearable.

EDIT: no way I could concentrate listening to Malthusian though  :laugh: :abbath:

I work in a  brewery, so I do most of my listening with over ear headphones throughout the day. Podcasts and audiobooks too. It's a pretty ideal situation for me.  :laugh: