Slayer - world painted blood.

Again a decent outing with a lot of filler. I was harsh enough on this album when it first came out but I'm slowly warming to it.

Quote from: open face surgery on January 26, 2021, 05:59:26 PM
Quote from: Nazgûl on January 26, 2021, 03:01:13 PM
On now: Tribulation - Children of the Night

Clicking with me today a lot more than last time I put it on. Great atmosphere and genuinely sounds like the soundtrack to a horror film, which I assume may have been a goal of theirs, given the artwork and the nods to bands like Goblin in the music. Despite thinking it was too straight forward before, I'm almost inclined to say it has the same scope and attention to detail as TFOD, just a different sound.

Next up: In Solitude - Sister

As it happens, I find and I think others mentioned the same at the time, or since, TFOD and Sister are perfect companion piece albums.

Although it wasn't Formulas and instead the other one I had on today, I just naturally went for Sister afterwards for this very reason. Definitely kindred spirits and bothreleased around the same time.

I actually put on In Solitude's second album initially and turned it off after one song in favour of Sister. It's just the best one. The first two I haven't given too much time to but aside from there being great riffs - it's kind of just Mercyful Fate worship. If they hadn't released Sister I would be more forgiving to those first two. Pity they never continued on that path (or any for that matter).

All 3 albums are amazing and there's nearly no point comparing them.

Slayer - Repentless

Definitely the weaker of the later albums.

Now that I've gone through the catalogue it is hard not to conclude that RIB is the greatest Slayer album and the greatest thrash metal album of all time. It stands the test of time for production, riffs and the insane drumming.

What I found surprising is how much I enjoyed listening to Hell Awaits. I have probably listened to it the least of the big 4 albums over the years but Kill Again, hell awaits and at dawn they sleep are such solid thrash tracks.

Poison - I won't forget you

Emma Ruth Rundle & Thou: May Our Chambers Be Full
Elder Druid: Golgotha

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 26, 2021, 10:46:41 PM
Negură Bunget- OM.
Was listening to Zi yesterday.
I was visiting some Romanian friends in Timișoara a couple of years ago and happened to mention Negură Bunget and one of the girls casually said; "Oh, those guys are from this city"....
She'd seen them play there a couple of times but wasn't really into Metal so didn't really know them personally even though it's a small city.
They pronounce the band name Negură Bun-jet...

Om is class. Gets regular spins, as does Tău...

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 27, 2021, 06:35:25 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 26, 2021, 10:46:41 PM
Negură Bunget- OM.
They pronounce the band name Negură Bun-jet...

Om is class. Gets regular spins, as does Tău...

Outside off Neggie B that's how I've always heard it pronounced. 'N Crugu Bradului is also amazing and I liked the two released in 2010. One was a rerecording. Must revisit them. Could be nearly 10 year since I have.

Voivod - Dimension Hatross,  really on  a Voivod buzz this week.

Quote from: Don Gately on January 27, 2021, 10:19:20 AM
Voivod - Dimension Hatross,  really on  a Voivod buzz this week.

Always a good buzz!

The Rite - The Brocken Fires

Graveland - Dawn of Iron Blades (2018)

https://youtu.be/qvtDMIHvRsM