Skratte - Akt1:Ein Feuer Enfacht

Megadeth - Risk.

The convo today got me thinking I've never heard this album. I remember going to buy my first Megadeth album, and being told not to touch their new one - which was this - as it was utter muck.

Holy fucking shit, what the hell is this thing? 😭😭😭 Calling it "utter muck" seems like kindness.

Savatage - edge of thorns

Slagmark - Purging Sacred Soils

Voivod - Killing Technology

Best Voivod album?

Snoutcrom - Opus Alchimicum

Quote from: ldj on August 10, 2024, 01:45:46 AMVoivod - Killing Technology

Best Voivod album?

For me, yeah, I would say so
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Ducky on August 09, 2024, 11:29:39 PMMegadeth - Risk.

The convo today got me thinking I've never heard this album. I remember going to buy my first Megadeth album, and being told not to touch their new one - which was this - as it was utter muck.

Holy fucking shit, what the hell is this thing? 😭😭😭 Calling it "utter muck" seems like kindness.

😂 It's the kind of thing you go back to every now and then to see if it's as bad as you think is and, yeah, it always is. I even bought the remix when it came out, just in case there was something of merit in there. It's entirely irredeemable, quite an achievement.

D.R.I. - Four of A Kind & Thrash Zone

Quote from: Bürggermeister on August 10, 2024, 07:33:41 AM

😂 It's the kind of thing you go back to every now and then to see if it's as bad as you think is and, yeah, it always is. I even bought the remix when it came out, just in case there was something of merit in there. It's entirely irredeemable, quite an achievement.

Thrash Zone great album..my kid loves the half-rapping in You Say I'm Scum every time I've it playing in the car since hes about 4

NP

Portrait - The Host
Hammerfall - Avenge The Fallen

What was the catalyst for it? Record label pressure or something? I'm having a hard time grasping that the same lad who wrote the likes of Devil's Island and Tornado of Souls woke up one morning and said "I've a great idea for a song, we'll call it Breadline".

Sodb - Don seantalamh a chuid féin

#13946 August 10, 2024, 10:02:39 AM Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 02:26:27 PM by Cailleach
Quote from: Ducky on August 10, 2024, 09:54:02 AM

What was the catalyst for it? Record label pressure or something? I'm having a hard time grasping that the same lad who wrote the likes of Devil's Island and Tornado of Souls woke up one morning and said "I've a great idea for a song, we'll call it Breadline".

I've heard it was to try and keep Marty happy? He was supposedly getting tired of playing metal.

#13947 August 10, 2024, 10:46:23 AM Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 10:52:22 AM by Bürggermeister
Mustaine has blamed everyone but himself, as usual. He pointed the finger at Marty but he also tried to lay the blame on Dann Huff, the producer and  Bud Prager, their manger who has songwriting credits on a few of the songs. They'd had a taste of radio plays with Shit Writings and he wanted more, so wrote shite he thought would sell, simple as that. He admitted Crush 'Em was written to be used in sport events, like a team anthem. Pure fucking cash grab effort. If it had been successful, you know he wouldn't have been praising Friedman for it.

You've seen him recently blaming Michael Wagener for Youthanasia being the same plodding dad-rock tempo all the way through, but he's the cunt who wrote the songs and then wrote more plodding shite for years afterwards. After that he chose Dann Huff for the next album, a lad who worked with Billy Ray Cyrus, Pete Cetera, Shania Twain, Barry Manilow, among others. He wanted out of Metal, like 'Tallica, and Risk is what happens when you chase the $$$ but don't know what you're doing.

#13948 August 10, 2024, 11:12:58 AM Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 06:59:58 PM by Pentagrimes
Apparition (US) - Disgraced Emanations from a Tranquil State

Seriously great stuff. I genuinely can't fathom how people are not talking about this band more, given they're head an shoulders above 90% of the US death metal crop. As dark, heavy and innovative a death metal record you could ask for, I dunno if it's just their lack of public presence (I haven't seen many interviews with them, they don't push themselves on social media/forums much), the fact they aren't generic/retro/instant enough for current tastes or what, but this album is a hidden gem. Particularly given a lot of their countrymen have recieved far more attention for considerably less imaginative music at the moment. Substantial stuff without any pretense. No trend, no mosh, no fun (edit:, turns out they broke up.and apparently had connection to the awful bag of shite that is Nails -which might explain why they were ignored-and the considerably better Despise You)

Looks like I better give Apparition a go but not before I listen to Risk  :laugh: