Just listened to Risk all the way through for the first time ever. It's at least as bad as I remember... once again 🤣 I will now wash my ears out with Rust In Peace

A song and a bit of Risk was enough. Pretty bad. It sounds like Dave was trying to jump on the nu- metal/ alt- metal/ industrial bandwagon of the late 90s. It doesn't sound at all like Megadeth to me.

#13952 August 10, 2024, 03:40:53 PM Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 03:56:45 PM by The Wretch
The best/most Megadeth sounding thing on Risk is 'Time The Beginning/Time The End'. And that wouldn't even make a quality b-side.   

N.P. -

SAMMY HAGAR - Street Machine
SAMMY HAGAR - Danger Zone
SAMMY HAGAR - Standing Hampton
SAMMY HAGAR - Three Lock Box

Some crackin' punchy hard rock tracks on these albums, but none of them is a bona-fide classic IMO. Might do up a playlist of the better tunes as a nice companion piece to the first two Montrose.

Couldn't be bothered with his later albums, or Chickenfoot, or even most of the Van Hagar stuff, even though I'm a huge fan of EVH.

MegatonSword - Blood Hails Steel...
MegatonSword - Might & Power
Riot - ThunderSteel
Dark Tranquility - Haven

Yup.  I did a lot of gardening today. 

Quote from: Pentagrimes on August 10, 2024, 11:12:58 AMApparition (US) - Disgraced Emanations from a Tranquil State

Seriously great stuff. I genuinely can't fathom how people are not talking about this band more, given they're head an shoulders above 90% of the US death metal crop. As dark, heavy and innovative a death metal record you could ask for, I dunno if it's just their lack of public presence (I haven't seen many interviews with them, they don't push themselves on social media/forums much), the fact they aren't generic/retro/instant enough for current tastes or what, but this album is a hidden gem. Particularly given a lot of their countrymen have recieved far more attention for considerably less imaginative music at the moment. Substantial stuff without any pretense. No trend, no mosh, no fun (edit:, turns out they broke up.and apparently had connection to the awful bag of shite that is Nails -which might explain why they were ignored-and the considerably better Despise You)

Jaysus

Edit: I mean it's very  good

The Apparition album is good and def better than a lot of its counterparts but I'm rarely arsed putting it on and it's not even out long. I think it's missing something.

High on Fire- Cometh the Storm. Some real belters on this.

Death SS - In death of Steve Sylvester

W.A.S.P - The Headless Children

Acid Witch - Witchtanic Hellucinations

Really loving the new Adorior track, Melissa/Jaded Lungs' vocals are just so fucking good. Looking forward to the album, nearly 20 years since Author of Incest  ???

The album is fuckin incredible. Writing, playing and production are 10/10. Can't seeing it being bested for my AOTY.

DESTROYER 666 - Cold Steel... For An Iron Age
AURA NOIR - Merciless
NIFELHEIM - Envoy Of Lucifer
SODOM - M-16
IRON MAIDEN - Live At Donington

Quote from: Mithrandir on August 11, 2024, 09:09:33 AMReally loving the new Adorior track, Melissa/Jaded Lungs' vocals are just so fucking good. Looking forward to the album, nearly 20 years since Author of Incest  ???

I've never heard of this band before.
So out of curiosity I read a review of the album you mentioned,  it references Darkness Descends.  I love that album,  so I 'll have to check this  band out.

#13962 August 11, 2024, 06:20:26 PM Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 06:47:30 PM by Bürggermeister
Chris Poland - Return to Metalopolis & Chasing the Sun

Much as I love Marty, Tommy Vetterli and Vernon Reid, Poland is fucking top dog in Guitartown. Jesus he's so fucking good.

Quote from: Cailleach on August 11, 2024, 05:06:13 PM
Quote from: Mithrandir on August 11, 2024, 09:09:33 AMReally loving the new Adorior track, Melissa/Jaded Lungs' vocals are just so fucking good. Looking forward to the album, nearly 20 years since Author of Incest  ???

I've never heard of this band before.
So out of curiosity I read a review of the album you mentioned,  it references Darkness Descends.  I love that album,  so I 'll have to check this  band out.

It's a fuckin beast of an album. Melissa and Dani are the only 2 from that album on the new one. Tomasz went on to start Lvcifyre after it.

#13964 August 11, 2024, 06:42:44 PM Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 07:07:30 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Must go check out that new track, deadly  :abbath:

Edit: Quality. Sounds very much like a straight follow-up to Author of Incest.