Sounds like I need to listen to this Frogsword...

Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation
Deeds of Flesh - Inbreeding The Anthropophagi

Graveland - The Celtic Winter
Grand Belial's Key - Mocking the Philanthropist
Forest - Песнью в жатве горя As a Song in the Harvest of Grief

Sinister - Cross The Styx 9/10
I'd regard Sinister as largely a meat and potatoes Death Metal band in general but this beast of a debut could hold its own against any of the Florida big boys. Little did I know when I had a cassette copy of this growing up that Alex Krull of Atrocity (worship their early albums) had his DNA all over it, intro, outro, backing vocals and production. Only discovered that recently when I picked up vinyl reissue.

Hobbs Angel Of Death - s/t 8/10
Australia's answer to Darkness Descends, a vicious thrash assault that I only came to recently having avoided it due to the name years ago. Duh.

Void Witch - Horripilating Presence 8/10
(No wonder my predictive text is fucked)
YouTube listens of this recent debut from Texas is going down real well indeed. In fact I'd say it's the best debut I've heard this year along with Sovereign. The band take a Hooded Menace /Coffins template and forge their own style, not afraid to get playful with a technical passage or a burst of speed. Good shit from yet another Witch.

Vallenfyre - A Fragile King 8/10
Debut from 2011 saw Gregor Mackintosh return to his Death Doom roots and produce a record full of memorably chilling tracks in a poignant tribute to his father.

Warrior Soul - Chill Pill 7/10
The band's stripped down ,almost arthouse, fourth album for Geffen was pretty much a suicide note and fuck you to the label that Kory believed had pushed G'n'R and Nirvana over his own band. It worked. The band were promptly dropped

Kyuss - ...And The Circus Leaves Town 6/10
Another hit on the Kyuss bong this week, dig it but don't love it.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on August 08, 2024, 08:35:57 PMSinister - Cross The Styx 9/10
I'd regard Sinister as largely a meat and potatoes Death Metal band in general but this beast of a debut could hold its own against any of the Florida big boys. Little did I know when I had a cassette copy of this growing up that Alex Krull of Atrocity (worship their early albums) had his DNA all over it, intro, outro, backing vocals and production. Only discovered that recently when I picked up vinyl reissue.

I didn't know that myself. Great album, played that to death the summer between 5th and 6th year, even a friend of mine with zero interest in metal got into it, would take the walkman off me if I had that on.

Haven't listened to it for years, must dig it out. I know they have albums that are more highly thought of, but that was the only one I could get into.

Vomitor- Devil's Poison. A fine way to blow the cobwebs out at 6am  :o

Quote from: Carnage on August 08, 2024, 09:00:11 PM

I didn't know that myself. Great album, played that to death the summer between 5th and 6th year, even a friend of mine with zero interest in metal got into it, would take the walkman off me if I had that on.

Haven't listened to it for years, must dig it out. I know they have albums that are more highly thought of, but that was the only one I could get into.

Fuck knows what all 'vital' info we missed out on through the years of copying and trading stuff!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Must check out that Sinister album. 

Another slow day.

Darkthrone - Plaguewielder
Darkthrone - It Beckons Us All. 
Lucifige - Hexensabbat

Quote from: Carnage on August 08, 2024, 09:00:11 PM

Cross the Styx and Diabolical Summoning are great albums, but I think Hate is their best. It's a relentless bastard of an album.

NP Deeds of Flesh - Gradually Melted

DOF's later stuff went too far into spacewank territory, but their earlier releases from Gradually Melted to Mark of the Legion are savage.

Bad Religion - Suffer

Suicidal Tendencies - Controlled by Hatred/Feel Like Shit. Bit of a weird one with all the covers and rerecordings. Probably won't come back to it again much

Nevermore - In Memory. Continuing my Warell Dane buzz, think this one always gets a bit overlooked in their discography

Hell - Human Remains. Forgot how fucking great this is, and they were such a good live act. Would love if they were to get back for another run

Quote from: Trev on August 09, 2024, 10:05:41 AMNevermore - In Memory. Continuing my Warell Dane buzz, think this one always gets a bit overlooked in their discography

Matricide is one of their best tunes for sure. And the Bauhaus duo is a metal cover done right.

Quote from: Rosco on August 04, 2024, 02:49:52 PM
Quote from: The Wretch on August 02, 2024, 11:14:58 PMIRON MONKEY - 9-13
IRON MONKEY - Spleen & Goad
COFFINS - Sinister Oath

That coffins album is decent.
Not mad about the new iron monkey. No Morrow no monkey.

New Monkey is solid enough, but it definitely doesn't feel like the same band without Morrow.

N.P. -

GOATSNAKE - 1
ALICE COOPER - Killer
T-REX - Tanx

Smoulder - Dream Quest Ends
Night Demon - Night Demon
Dark Tranquility - projector

Jayaus haven't heard Projector in Donkeys years. I think I kinda like it.

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses.

Say no more

On a John Du Cann kick at the moment.

ANDROMEDA - Andromeda
ATOMIC ROOSTER - Death Walks Behind You
ATOMIC ROOSTER - In Hearing Of Atomic Rooster
HARD STUFF - Bulletproof
HARD STUFF - Bolex Dementia
JOHN DU CANN - The World's Not Big Enough