I liked it, it's a mix of a continuation of War Machine, and a bit of Nevermore because the guitarist is trying to do his best Loomis impression

It does feel a bit unfinished in places, naturally enough, but still worth a listen if you like his other stuff

Armoured Saint - March Of The Saint
Dokken - Back For The Attack

Quote from: Trev on August 07, 2024, 05:24:54 PMI liked it, it's a mix of a continuation of War Machine, and a bit of Nevermore because the guitarist is trying to do his best Loomis impression

It does feel a bit unfinished in places, naturally enough, but still worth a listen if you like his other stuff

Gave it a whirl there on Spotify while out for a walk - not bad at all. As you say, a bit unfinished for obvious reasons but enjoyable. "Disconnection System" really sounds like Nevermore.

Such a bummer, Dane was the best vocalist in metal.

Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony & Go Off!

Tasteless and cheesey but the pair of them were such good players it's entirely forgivable.

Ah yeah, both grand listens!

Blue Öyster Cult - Imaginos
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black
Blue Öyster Cult - Spheres

And now I'm going to check out the new track/video from Oranssi Pazuzu.

Treblinka - Shrine of the Pentagram
Mefisto - The Megalomania Puzzle   
Grotesque - In the Embrace of Evil

Quite day yesterday...

Magnum - Here Comes The Rain
Darkthrone - It Beckons Us All

Canning in the brewery yesterday:

Stangarigel - Metafyzika Barbarstva
Stangarigel - Na Severa Sdrca
Malokarpatan - Vertumnus Caesar
Ares Kingdom - Return to Dust
Cultes des Ghoules - Spectres over Transylvania
Cultes des Ghoules - Henbane
Negative Plane - The Pact

A dipped into Enslaved's latest, some parts I really like  but some of the more progressive elements don't quite work for me, I'll give it a proper listen some other time.

Back on the Cultes des Ghoules today with Coven. While I might just about prefer Henbane musically for its more memorable haunting riffs, there is something very special about this album that keeps me being certain about that top spot. It is so incredibly realised as a concept.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on August 07, 2024, 09:00:08 PMCacophony - Speed Metal Symphony & Go Off!

Tasteless and cheesey but the pair of them were such good players it's entirely forgivable.

Some absolutely outrageous playing out of the pair of them. Mental considering how young Becker was too.

Benediction: Subconscious Terror/The Dreams You'll Dread/ Transcend The Rubicon.

Quote from: boozegeune on August 08, 2024, 10:54:22 AMStangarigel - Metafyzika Barbarstva
Stangarigel - Na Severa Sdrca
Malokarpatan - Vertumnus Caesar
Ares Kingdom - Return to Dust
Cultes des Ghoules - Spectres over Transylvania
Cultes des Ghoules - Henbane
Negative Plane - The Pact

Don't know Stangarigel at all, but everything else on your playlist there are regular listens so now I'm curious. Would one of those two be best to start with?

Those are the only two releases they have.
It's two of the Malokarpatan dudes playing a more synth heavy black metal style. Decent enough.

So bit more of a Frogsword influence?

Good, but not that good  :laugh: