#13875 August 04, 2024, 08:26:24 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 01:47:45 AM by Thorn
My Dying Bride - The Voice Of The Wretched 9/10
Or 'Where Are The Voices Of The Wretched Crowd?'
Still, if there's one band you don't need people roaring and shouting between songs it's MDB so this plays as a rather neat Best Of. With Aaron's best Elvis impression between songs, thankyouverymuch..

Anathema - Untouchable 8.5/10
Your opinion on this live one will largely depend on your stomach for the band's floaty, ethereal post-Judgement material. Me, I can't seen to let the band go. Heartstring pulling fuckers.

Merciless - The Awakening 8.5/10
If you're gonna sop out with Anathema you're gonna need a good kick in the balls again and this Death Thrash gem from Sweden will provide just that.Well,if it was good enough for Euronymous..

Wormwitch - Wormwitch 7.5/10
YouTube listen  of the new one from this Canadian three-piece and a nasty, poisonous little bitch it is, like lifting the lid on a wicker basket full of seething vipers. Yeah. This will need a pick up.

Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun 7/10
The stoner bible to some but I'm not a stoner so it's simply good scuzzed out desert rock to me.

Rage - Spreading The Plague 6.5/10
Six track ep released after The Resurrection Day album, three cracking ones that could have made said album but seriously, someone have a word with Peavy about those godawful ballads he insists on inflicting on us.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Burzum: Filosofem.

Magnificent.

Coroner: Mental Vortex

Riot - ThunderSteel
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times
Entrails - The Tomb Awaits
Flamekeeper - Flamekeeper

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses, World Coming Down.
Asphyx - The Rack.
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse.

Kalmah - Kalmah (2023) unreal album

Mastodon - Crack the Skye (instrumental version)
Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase
Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn

Revenge - Scum.Collapse.Eradication
Naked Whipper - Painstreaks
Blue Hummingbird on the Left - Bloodflower

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 05, 2024, 08:45:18 PMMastodon - Crack the Skye (instrumental version)
Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase
Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn

Zero Order Phase is one of my favourite things Loomis has ever done. That little three note arpeggio around 2:10 to bring Miles of Machines back to the main lick is chef's kiss

Michael Manring played a solo gig here in Sligo (for such a pokey little town we do get some decent jazz names) not long after the album released, and he was fairly bemused at the fact that he's playing a solo gig in the arsehole of Ireland and has some dude talking to him about his guest spot on a Jeff Loomis shred album :laugh:

Udad - Udad
They Came From Visions - The Twilight Robes
Borknagar - Fall (still not sure about this)
Ecclesia - Ecclesia Militans

Quote from: open face surgery on August 02, 2024, 06:14:03 PM
Quote from: Count Magnus on July 31, 2024, 11:27:37 AMMortify - Fragments at the Edge of Sorrow

Another excellent Chilean band. They're breeding death metal superhumans in Chile.

Mefitis - Emberdawn

Only 5 years late to the party with these lads. Savage shtuff.

Will check out Mortify. Chile uber alles.

Both Mefitis albums are class. Always put me in mind of the sole Temisto album. May have heard them both at the same time. Def worth checking out.

I have Offscourings on now. Brilliant stuff. I bought both of their albums recently as well as the Mortify album.

Neve heard of Temisto. I'll give them a spin later.

Werewolves - Die for Us
Child - Shitegeist
Krallice - Inorganic Rites
Godflesh - Purge
The Stooges - s/t + Fun House
Talking Heads - Remains in Light + Fear of Music

Kalmah - Swamplord, They Will Return, The Black Waltz

Devin Townsend - Infinity.

Great album. Some great trio he had there with that and Ocean Machine and City.

Quote from: astfgyl on August 06, 2024, 06:07:23 PMDevin Townsend - Infinity.

Great album. Some great trio he had there with that and Ocean Machine and City.

And prior to those he had the SYL debut,the Punky Bruster album, and Sex & Religion with Steve Vai :laugh: