Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 09, 2023, 01:44:28 AMNurse is so much better than The Wildhearts, and I liked a few of their songs too. Different ballgame entirely.

Did you listen to Endless Nameless? It's unique in their collection. As to the rest of it I agree

Quote from: astfgyl on May 09, 2023, 09:13:55 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 09, 2023, 01:44:28 AMNurse is so much better than The Wildhearts, and I liked a few of their songs too. Different ballgame entirely.

Did you listen to Endless Nameless? It's unique in their collection. As to the rest of it I agree

Nope. Haven't heard that one. I'll give it a spin.

First 2 eps and Nurse are great. Troublegum was great when it came out but would struggle with it now, a bit like the Black album. Played to death and not the depth of the early stuff.

I was disappointed with Troublegum when it came out. As you said, nowhere near the depth of the early stuff. Infernal Love was a step back to something a bit dark and unusual.

Savatage-Gutter Ballet

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 09, 2023, 10:30:54 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on May 09, 2023, 09:13:55 AM

Nope. Haven't heard that one. I'll give it a spin.

Yeah it's a different beast altogether. Mind your ears if it's on headphones.. or indeed a stereo!

As for Therapy? I was sorry to see them lose that little hint of industrial over the years. Infernal Love would probably be my go to with them but I've come to appreciate Nurse a lot more over the years, having cut my teeth on Troublegum. The old EPs are decent as well

Have you heard the Japanese version of Infernal Love? It cuts out all of the David Holmes bits, the intros & transitions (which I can't stand), makes for a very different listen.

I didn't try that version because I love it the way it is with all the bloated pointless bits. Just sort of adds to the atmosphere for me

Primitive Man x Full of Hell - Suffocating Hallucination

Does what it says on the tin. Disgusting album.

Endless Nameless is totally savage and also my favourite Wildhearts album by a long shot, though I am fond of a few other bits by them.  Equally recommended, in case anyone here hasn't heard it, is the Mutation album "Error 500".  A band with Ginger Wildheart, Shane Embury, Jon Poole, and Mark E Smith, album has a few guests too.  Vicious, loud, relentless, chaotic, catchy as fuck somehow.  I forever have it on, since release it has just stayed in reasonably regular rotation.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on May 09, 2023, 09:20:01 PMPrimitive Man x Full of Hell - Suffocating Hallucination

Does what it says on the tin. Disgusting album.

I listened to this when it came out and thought it was class but haven't went back since, must lash it back on.

Quote from: Carnage on May 09, 2023, 02:45:47 PMHave you heard the Japanese version of Infernal Love? It cuts out all of the David Holmes bits, the intros & transitions (which I can't stand), makes for a very different listen.
Those bits add to it for me also. Good album.

Solstice - White Horse Hill

Metallica - Seattle gig. It's such a ripper.

Morbid Angel - Formulas fatal to the flesh

Sumerlands - s/t
Megaton Sword - Might & Power
Dødheimsgard - Black Medium Current
New Model Army - Between Dog and Wolf