Quote from: Bürggermeister on May 07, 2023, 08:39:25 PMBeen on a Living Colour buzz for the last few days, went through the albums chronologically, then did it again. Amazing band. Collideoscope is the only one which doesn't quite hit the spot but it's because of the shit, shit mix than the quality of songs.

I only know one of their albums. Maybe I'll make this a mental metal obsession  :laugh:

Slayer - Undisputed Attitude

Never thought much of Living Colour but then, when I heard them I was locked into thrash and DM. Might be worth giving them another go.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 07, 2023, 11:38:16 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on May 07, 2023, 08:39:25 PMBeen on a Living Colour buzz for the last few days, went through the albums chronologically, then did it again. Amazing band. Collideoscope is the only one which doesn't quite hit the spot but it's because of the shit, shit mix than the quality of songs.

I only know one of their albums. Maybe I'll make this a mental metal obsession  :laugh:

:laugh:  Well worth the effort for the guitar playing alone

Therapy? Hard Cold Fire.
Just had the one listen yesterday so jury out still. First impressions are that it is quite a strong record. Opening song good and last song Days Kollaps very good, Mongrel a good song too. Sound wise it's definitely Therapy? But some interesting things going on. Not a big fan of the 2 singles though.

Andy Cairns is doing some industrial project called JAAW that sounds alright as well from the track I heard.

Negura Bunget - Tau

Hearing lots of sonic and esthetic parallels between Nocternity's Harps... and Serpent Noir's Erotomysticism. At least I think I am, and not just making something of the fact that they're both Greek and both from 2015. Down-tempo occultish BM with frequent spoken word sections. All good like, Erotomysticism is a favourite recent BM album of mine. Nocternity lean a little more into the Norwegian sound though. Again, all good!  :abbath:

Over the weekend and today - mostly while doing stuff round the house and garden

Overkill - I Hear Black
Primordial - Exile Amongst Ruin
Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Marduk - Rom 5:12
Piledriver - Metal Inquistion
Rotting Christ - Rituals
Knight & Gallow - For Honour and Bloodshed
Lord Mountain - The Oath
Luna Shadows - Far From Light
Marduk - Heaven Shall Burn
Opeth - Morningrise

#9339 May 08, 2023, 08:36:32 PM Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:50:52 PM by Eoin McLove
Quote from: open face surgery on May 08, 2023, 12:51:43 PMAndy Cairns is doing some industrial project called JAAW that sounds alright as well from the track I heard.

Deadly. I have to check that out. The new Therapy? isn't doing it for me.

Edit. I'm liking the sound of that. How come he hasn't brought that darkness and intensity to Therapy? in decades... that's the kind of shit I wish they still did. It sounds more in line with Babyteeth, Pleasure Death and Nurse to me. I'll have to pick it up.

Quote from: open face surgery on May 08, 2023, 12:51:43 PMAndy Cairns is doing some industrial project called JAAW that sounds alright as well from the track I heard.

Could be interested in that. Didn't even try the new Therapy? one yet

Entombed- Uprising
Vomitory - Redemption

#9342 May 08, 2023, 11:07:11 PM Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 12:27:08 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
I'm afraid I didn't even make it all the way through Living Color's Stain album today, so I guess not the right moment for a mental metal obsession on that front!

Heard Extreme's new single Banshee (worth checking out for Nuno's solo alone, but the song is better than their last one too) and it put me in the mood for latter era Aerosmith, so:

Aerosmith - Nine Lives

Then went from there to:
Crimson Glory - Strange & Beautiful, which I fucking love. I'd say just as much as Transcendence, though for very different moods.

Edit: Now ending night with Realm - Endless War. As good as either of Holy Terror's classics if you ask me  :abbath:

Quote from: astfgyl on May 08, 2023, 10:29:25 PM

Could be interested in that. Didn't even try the new Therapy? one yet

Well then..

Threw on the one song I could find there and it put me in mind of an old story I was told by my late grandfather of a lad called Q who travelled forward in time and found a vinyl copy of The Wildhearts' much maligned (but certainly underappreciated) end-of-the-first-era album: "Endless Nameless".

So as the story goes he then travelled back to a time before the story begins and shoves that Wildhearts album right up Therapy?'s arses just as they are heading into the studio to record "Nurse".

That's what I thought of that one song anyway, I'll look forward to a spin of the album

Nurse is so much better than The Wildhearts, and I liked a few of their songs too. Different ballgame entirely.