Have never checked em out. Starting place recommendation?

I'd never heard them either 'til just now, listened to a bit of Onyx. Pretty good, preferred the midpaced atmospheric stuff to the blasting material personally.

I'd go with Harps of the Ancient Temples. Spud may have a different preference.

Onyx is a masterpiece. Amazing LP cover too.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 06, 2023, 04:23:54 PMJaysus, Nocternity, I became obsessed with them about a decade and a half ago, some of their tracks are so atmospheric it's like coming up on a yoke. Must give something of theirs a spin later.

Something you said there got me interested.....

Nocternity Harps..... is absolute stone cold classic material. One of my favourite albums of last 10 years.

On now...

Samael - blood ritual

Yep, it's definitely my favourite. The solos in the title track are some of the finest in black metal.

Danava - Nothing But Nothing
Had forgotten about Danava since their first album but the new one hit the spot. A lot of straight Sabbath lifts but it still works. Will def give a bit of time.

Astriferous - Pulsations from the Black Orb
Surprised that there isn't more people singing the praises of this album. Savage death metal with none of the cunty new fangled nonsense. There are a few bouncy bits they are in the good Finnish way.

#9323 May 07, 2023, 12:54:34 AM Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 12:57:30 AM by Thorn
Ha, coincidentally I was reading a review of one of their albums in an old METAL LEGIONS earlier this evening that began something like 'Despite sounding like a particularly bland European yogurt, Danava....'
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Harps... is unreal. That's the best place to start with Nocternity.

Danava are great. Unonu is a superb album. That gig with Witchcraftwas such an eye opener alright as that bland yoghurt name really didn't belie the energy contained within!

Winger - Tears Of Blood.
I'm a huge Winger nutswinger, but the new material still managed to surprise me greatly. It is unreal how people of that age can still make such fresh and inspired music.

#9326 May 07, 2023, 08:13:21 AM Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 08:31:57 AM by Eoin McLove
Negative Plane- The Pact.
Sovereign- Rehearsal 1995 10".
Forbidden Temple- Demo II/ Pact With Evil.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 03, 2023, 11:35:38 PMCovenant after the film I mentioned in the film thread, which is so good I'm posting on me at the same time.

Is it addiction or a shit film or both?

Back on topic I'm just about to lash in the first disc of a 4 disc Stephen Steven Wilson curated collection that someone gave to me as a present. It looks class

Only have this on now and it's great. It's called Intrigue and it's very intriguing

Been on a Living Colour buzz for the last few days, went through the albums chronologically, then did it again. Amazing band. Collideoscope is the only one which doesn't quite hit the spot but it's because of the shit, shit mix than the quality of songs.

Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times

Rush - Permanent Waves.