Inferi - Vile Genesis.

Archspire - Bleed the Future (the vocals finally cliked, so I'm glued to this).

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence (the guitar tone is perfect).

Crimson Glory - Strange & Beautiful (always stays in rotation for days)
Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian
Fates Warning - The Spectre Within

#9362 May 10, 2023, 04:58:34 PM Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 05:00:53 PM by Cailleach
Grima                        Will of the Primordial
                                  Rotten Garden
Grifteskymfning        Djävulens boning
                                  Svart materia
                                  Bedrövelsens härd

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 10, 2023, 04:36:47 PMFates Warning - Awaken The Guardian
Fates Warning - The Spectre Within
Hah, snap. Bought these in Sentinel today. Had a real craving for those all over place John Arch vocals. Just doing what he wants and it works so, so well.

Spotlights - "Alchemy for the Dead"

Top class stuff, lush post-metal, nice and spacey songs with unexpectedly heavy riffs right through.  Some sort of odd blend of Deftones, Melvins, Isis, Vowws.  I'm on my third spin in two days anyway, it keeps getting better.

Quote from: Ducky on May 10, 2023, 04:24:53 PMNecrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence (the guitar tone is perfect).
Yep,remember picking it up when i was around 15,didnt think much of it at the time.But really came to appreciate it years later,amazing album.

I love most if their stuff actually.

Pallbearer - Forgotten past

Earlier: Dodheimsgard - Black Medium Current. Just great stuff.

Now: Spotlights - Alchemy for the Dead.

Excellent on first impression but I have to say if I was back in my chancing random CDs days, I wouldn't have touched it with that shitty Edward Scissorhands artwork. To say it's not in anyway representative of the music is an understatement because it's nearly working against it it's so bum

Sunny Day Real Estate - s/t
Virginia Creep - Dark Corners
Suicidal Tendencies - Lights, Camera... Revolution

Enforcer - Nostlgia
Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum
Dodheimsgard - 666 International
Blazon Rite - Wild Rites and Ancient SOngs
Hypocrisy - Penetralia
1782 - Clamour Luciferi
Hypocrisy - The Fourth Demension
Diamond Head - Canterbury
Hypocrisy - Abducted
Trouble - The Skull
Blade Killer - High Risk
Hallas - Isle of Wisedom

Mysticum – In The Streams Of Inferno
Mysticum – Planet Satan
Full of Hell - Trumpeting Ecstasy
Full of Hell - Roots Of Earth / Rudiments Of Mutilation

Quote from: astfgyl on May 11, 2023, 01:06:14 PMEarlier: Dodheimsgard - Black Medium Current. Just great stuff.

Now: Spotlights - Alchemy for the Dead.

Excellent on first impression but I have to say if I was back in my chancing random CDs days, I wouldn't have touched it with that shitty Edward Scissorhands artwork. To say it's not in anyway representative of the music is an understatement because it's nearly working against it it's so bum

Yeah the artwork is brutal and in no way sums up what is actually going on on the CD but I suppose it also doesn't have the usual post-metal artwork tropes on it so I'll give it that.

On my second rotation of the new Spotlights and it's very good. Agreed on the artwork.

Yeah the art isn't a dealbreaker or anything, the music is well decent.

Now playing Paradise Lost's best album - Shades of God.

Rush - 2112/A Farewell to Kings
Morbid Angel - Altars/Blessed.