Quote from: astfgyl on May 11, 2023, 05:42:36 PMYeah the art isn't a dealbreaker or anything, the music is well decent.

Now playing Paradise Lost's best album - Shades of God.

Said I'd try out One Second next but couldn't be arsed digging out the burned CD so lashed it on YouTube.

When was the last time any of you have seen the video for Say Just Words? I almost felt sorry for jolly old Saint Nick he looked so awkward. None of the rest of the band appeared either and you can feel that off his terrible performance he looks like a dog that's getting caught in the middle of shitting on the carpet so he does you can feel his discomfort try watch it, it's actually painful.

Lucky for us all the next tune was Lydia which is some class tune even if you think it's not it still is

It's as if the whole Depeche Mode aping era was some contrived shite dreamed up by their then manager and what I thought was a contrived attempt at getting back to the old metal was actually the lads trying to come right from the shit they'd been talked into in the name of making the few bob for the manager who just so happens to be acting as some sort of tied agent to the manager's employer with the sole intention of destroying the souls of anyone who likes music.

Who knows

All My Pride Is Gone says Nick.

Tis actually a decent enough album if you're into that sort of thing

Nightmarer - Deformity Adrift.
Immolation - Dawn Of Possession.

Checked the Belfast gigs and found Lorna Shore and Chelsea Grin have separate gigs coming up.

Initially it sounded overproduced as hell and a bit trendy, but now I may actually be enjoying Deathcore. Perhaps I should snag some tickets.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 11, 2023, 10:57:43 PMWhen was the last time any of you have seen the video for Say Just Words? I almost felt sorry for jolly old Saint Nick he looked so awkward. None of the rest of the band appeared either and you can feel that off his terrible performance he looks like a dog that's getting caught in the middle of shitting on the carpet so he does you can feel his discomfort try watch it, it's actually painful.

Jesus. I'd never seen it before and... jesus. Between his palpable shame and the badly fitting charity shop leather jacket, it screams 'still no idea what we're at on the day of filming'. Cracking song though.

Haha, sponsored by Unique Menswear  :laugh:

I love 'One Second'. Easily one of my top PL picks. It is sounding rather dated, though.

'Host' is most definitely where they shit the bed, IMO. Nothing about it appealed to me, even after leaning towards it with OS.

I love both of those albums, a major change in style but the misery is definitely still there. I think Believe In Nothing is absolute muck, definitely their weakest.
I thought the latest side project thing, HOST, was fairly bland. It sounded like they were trying to re-engage with that era of PL but had long since run out of ideas.

I really like Host and One Second. They are much better albums than the stuff they release nowadays.

Used to love Host but last time I threw it on it did nothing for me. I'd even rather Believe in Nothing to it these days. Not that that's saying much either. One Second is still good though

Really digging the new Deathstars album - Everything Destroys You.

I'm a sucker for their industrial/gothic stylings. Might have to dig out the black lipstick and nail polish :abbath:

Looking forward to digging into the new Cattle Decapitation album over the weekend. The last few albums have been on another level.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 12, 2023, 01:35:39 PMUsed to love Host but last time I threw it on it did nothing for me. I'd even rather Believe in Nothing to it these days. Not that that's saying much either. One Second is still good though

Hear, hear on One Second - great album.

I had it on last night it must be easily 5 years but fuck it it's the solid finest