Quote from: Snare on September 14, 2022, 03:44:22 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 14, 2022, 11:49:38 AMMassacre- From Beyond
Unto Others- Strength
Deicide- Once Upon The Cross.

Great selection there.

From Beyond is miles better when Kam Lee shuts the feck up and you can hear the solos. christ on a bike what is it with all this "oi oi oi" when vocalists should let the music do the talking? Kam ruined many a good solo at UK Deathfest 🤮🤬

The guitar tone is crushing on the Massacre album. I'd love to get my hands on the shirt with that artwork but it would probably cost more than a 3 piece suit!

I've been listening to Spectrum Mortis recently. I don't recall seeing any thread of them here before. I have their previous EPs and have the new LP ordered and after seeing this new video, I can't wait for it.

https://youtu.be/NGvC00CM74w

There was a period around Monaghan where you couldn't go down the street without being assailed with that garish pink shirt. Halcyon days.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Unto Others- Strength

Great selection there.

From Beyond is miles better when Kam Lee shuts the feck up and you can hear the solos. christ on a bike what is it with all this "oi oi oi" when vocalists should let the music do the talking? Kam ruined many a good solo at UK Deathfest 🤮🤬
Remember his stage antics when they played Dublin about 15 years ago?,fuckin mortifying!.
He had black electrical tape over his nipples in the shape of arrows??.
Either way he was an embarrassment.

Unfortunately I do Paul, and a tape cross on his belly button as well? Exactly what I was thinking about begore they hit the stage, but his wankery this time was actually worse to the extent that he actually ruined the music when he didn't have vocal sections...

Quote from: Circlepit on September 14, 2022, 06:50:12 PM
Unto Others- Strength

Great selection there.

The guitar tone is crushing on the Massacre album. I'd love to get my hands on the shirt with that artwork but it would probably cost more than a 3 piece suit!

Not an original obviously, but it's as good as you'll get. Cheap too:

https://massacreband.bandcamp.com/merch/from-beyond-classic-t-shirt-reduced-for-a-limited-time

Gealach - The Eletha Ancestry

One of the most promising Irish bands I've heard in years. Such a pity they split.

Primordial- Dark Romanticism... Sorrow's Bitter Harvest.

FNM - Angel Dust. Must be 5 years since I spun this. Forgot how good it was! Must have played it right through about 3 times today!

The Ultimate Sin - Ozzy Osbourne. Where to begin with this one. Bought it in 86 when it came out. Ozzy featured in Smash hits that summer whee they followed him around Japan on tour! Mad stuff Ted, he was big at the time. Actually hard Rock was commonly in the charts. The album itself is a guilty pleasure for me. One of my first metal albums and I played it to death. Some great stuff on here, title track, Shot in the dark, Killer of giants. Even the poorer songs are entertaining. One for the fridge.

Primordial- Spirit the Earth Aflame lined up for the drive to work  8)

Quote from: 101_North on September 15, 2022, 08:35:32 PMFNM - Angel Dust. Must be 5 years since I spun this. Forgot how good it was! Must have played it right through about 3 times today!

You have chosen... wisely.

Get the reissue with all the B-side & bonus stuff. Mighty.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 15, 2022, 09:03:58 PMPrimordial- Spirit the Earth Aflame lined up for the drive to work  8)

"The rancid stench, Every last one of you" blasting out, pulled up at the lights with the windows down and the sunnies on?

Had Serenity In Fire by Kataklysm blasting today on the way to work. It still holds up for me.

#8024 September 16, 2022, 11:21:03 AM Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 11:22:56 AM by ochoill Reason: Spelling
Quote from: OpenSores on September 14, 2022, 08:19:48 AM
Quote from: ochoill on September 13, 2022, 02:51:16 PMToday so far has been

Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill OST (PS1)
Katie Kim - Hour of the Ox

Both very savage in their own ways.

Hour of the Ox is brilliant.

It is savage, still listening to it regularly, as good as it all is that tune Feeding on the Metals is a vicious earworm and forces me to go back for another listen regularly to try exorcise it a bit.

I had it on again in the car this morning but the last few listens before that:

Elder - "Lore"
An album I absolutely love but hadn't put on in years.  Holds uo brilliantly, sort of improved with time almost.  It's back in regular spins now, and I am looking forward to sticking it on with a few tins before a gig tonight.

Godflesh - s/t
It was 34 years since release yesterday so spun it for the occasion.  Loudly.  Seriously class first release and kind of underrated across their career, likely due to the shadow of Streetcleaner.  Might do the discog run again before their Dublin gig.

Apocalypse Now Soundtrack
The original one with practically all the film dialogue still in it.  Savage but it's like an audiobook.  Still loved it, the score itself is class and how this album is done suits it well.