Quote from: 101_North on September 09, 2022, 01:43:09 PMBloodbath - Survival of the Sickest

Bored me to tears to be honest

Got it today, and you're not far off with that, they may have run their course at this stage.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Always thought they sucked.

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Amorphis - Skyforger
Amen - Death Before Music, whatever happened to them? Seemed to be getting a lot of coverage at the time, then just completely gone off the radar for the last 20 years or sk

Lugubrum -  Gedachte & Geheugen    
                     De totem    
                     Al Ghemist    
                    Bruyne troon 
                    De vette cuecken    
                   Heilige dwazen

Quote from: Trev on September 12, 2022, 07:34:00 PMThin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Amorphis - Skyforger
Amen - Death Before Music, whatever happened to them? Seemed to be getting a lot of coverage at the time, then just completely gone off the radar for the last 20 years or sk

Last I heard of them, Casey Chaos was homeless and broke doing an interview with kerrang because the record label wouldn't release their album. Not a peep since. Another one of Ross Robinson's attempts to distance himself from nu metal iirc

Quote from: Thorn on September 12, 2022, 06:24:13 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on September 12, 2022, 09:35:59 AMWhy does that ring a bell, Skin Chamber? That something from the old metal hammer/terroriser days? I'm intrigued at the mention of Godflesh and Swans anyway

A hybrid of Skinlab and Coal Chamber?
Sounds horrific though!

Oh Jesus that'd be fuckin awful but I think that's probably where I was getting it

#7986 September 12, 2022, 09:45:05 PM Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 09:54:05 PM by Eoin McLove
I remember being wary of Amen. I had given up on Metal Hammer by that point and anything they championed was suss to me as I had been burned far too many times. I know they were being sold as a punk band but it all looked a bit angsty and cultivated to me.

I had the first two albums - I got the second one as a christmas or birthday present and remember enjoying it enough to buy the debut, which was shite enough to put me off the second one. If you ever see him interviewed, jaysus he's some gobshite.

If I remember correctly he used to always go on about his drug habit and mental health issues. I was always fairly allergic to that sort of shit.

Ive been spinning the latest Bloodbath, I think its pretty good,better than that last one.
Still rate the first few albums fairly highly.

#7990 September 12, 2022, 11:07:44 PM Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 11:09:26 PM by leatherface
Quote from: OpenSores link=msg=68247 date

Ministry - Incase You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up

Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight/Carboot Soul
/quote]

That Ministry (live) album is probably them at their peak although it was a little before 'Psalm 69' which I like a lot too. Great version of 'So What'.

Quote from: leatherface on September 12, 2022, 11:07:44 PM
Quote from: OpenSores link=msg=68247 date

Ministry - Incase You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up

Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight/Carboot Soul
/quote]

That Ministry (live) album is probably them at their peak although it was a little before 'Psalm 69' which I like a lot too. Great version of 'So What'.

Yeah the 'So What' version is something special, but then again every track is a classic.

Putrefaction sets in-repugnant inception of decomposing paroxysm.

Killer goregrind like early carcass reek era.

Northmoon- Shadowlord, My Soft Vision I'm Blood. 90's b.m. worship. It's quite good. There are a few moments when it's almost straight up heavy metal. It really adds to it.

Hulder - The Eternal Fanfare. I loved the full length , this is great but it feels like leftover stuff from that recording session. Still a quality release.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 12, 2022, 09:55:20 PMIf I remember correctly he used to always go on about his drug habit and mental health issues. I was always fairly allergic to that sort of shit.

Hence the homelessness so. They all had to have a certain level of emotional pain and personal issues in the late 90s/early 2000s