Quote from: Carnage on September 09, 2022, 04:38:23 PMNah, a few decent songs on it but the production is atrocious. There's another mix of it floating around that sounds much better. Probably listed on that site a few posts back.

I don't have it, but I believe the remaster included 3 different versions. Must pick one up if it does. I actually like the original release mix, it has aged quite well and the drums are nice and heavy on it. Didn't Scott Litt end up glossing it all over before it came out too? Wonder what it was like before that it must've been as rough as the road

Never understood the hate Albini gets for his recordings considering he says himself he is an engineer, not a producer - he gives the band what they want and records it as best as possible but doesn't "produce" the records for them, the style of recording is the band's own choice each time iirc from interviews (with obviously him engineering it in favour of how they want).  His goal being to capture the sound of  a band as is rather than polish it to death.  But then again I also prefer quare and ragged production over crystal clear and polished up but that's a personal preference.

Quote from: ochoill on September 10, 2022, 08:26:34 AMNever understood the hate Albini gets for his recordings considering he says himself he is an engineer, not a producer - he gives the band what they want and records it as best as possible but doesn't "produce" the records for them, the style of recording is the band's own choice each time iirc from interviews (with obviously him engineering it in favour of how they want).  His goal being to capture the sound of  a band as is rather than polish it to death.  But then again I also prefer quare and ragged production over crystal clear and polished up but that's a personal preference.

http://www.thedailyrag.co.uk/steve-albinis-letter-to-nirvana-before-he-produced-in-utero/

Get that into you. You've probably seen it before though

Yob - Our Raw Heart
Primordial - everything..

Lunar Spell -  Where Silence Whispers    :abbath:  :abbath:
      Lurid  -     Fire Spell 

Venom - Scandinavian Assault 8/10
Venom - Canadian Assault 8/10
The Blood Divine - Awaken 9/10
Toxik - Dis Morta 6.5/10
Ved Buens Ende - Written In Waters 7/10
The Haunted - Made Me Do It 7/10
Venom - Eine Kleine Nachtmusick 9/10
Trial - Feed The Fire 8.5/10 (This will do nicely in lieu of a new Portrait this year, new singer has brought them to a whole new level)
Megadeth - The Sick, The Dying and The Dead 8/10
Blind Guardian - The God Machine 8.5/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Degial - Death's Striking Wings

Ministry - Incase You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up

Oranssi Pazuzu - Mestarin kynsi

Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight/Carboot Soul

Satyricon -Dark Medieval Times
Dark Throne -Soulside Journey
Opeth -My arms,your hearse
The Gathering -Mandylion
Emperor -Prometheus

Skin Chamber: Wound

I have only recently discovered these and Skullflower, as a Swans and Godflesh fan, both tickle my fancy indeed.

I Remember Wound back in the day. Bought a cheap cassette version for 2 quid. Good album

Why does that ring a bell, Skin Chamber? That something from the old metal hammer/terroriser days? I'm intrigued at the mention of Godflesh and Swans anyway

Quote from: Carnage on September 12, 2022, 02:55:35 AMSkin Chamber: Wound

I have only recently discovered these and Skullflower, as a Swans and Godflesh fan, both tickle my fancy indeed.

I only dug out both Wound and Trial on cassette recently. Both quality albums think they reissued both on double CD.

Yeah, Metal Mind put out a double disc reissue, it seems. Cheap enough, too.

Both bands sound like they'd have fitted in Terrorizer's coverage in the early days alright.

Quote from: Carnage on September 12, 2022, 01:55:06 PMYeah, Metal Mind put out a double disc reissue, it seems. Cheap enough, too.

Both bands sound like they'd have fitted in Terrorizer's coverage in the early days alright.

Just ordered the digi as my cassettes arent in great shape.

Quote from: astfgyl on September 12, 2022, 09:35:59 AMWhy does that ring a bell, Skin Chamber? That something from the old metal hammer/terroriser days? I'm intrigued at the mention of Godflesh and Swans anyway

A hybrid of Skinlab and Coal Chamber?
Sounds horrific though!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes