Murmer is a classic lads. Get a grip.

Yeah Murmur is shit. What you make of those Nirvana sessions?

Quote from: Mr Barlow on September 06, 2022, 10:51:03 PMMurmer is a classic lads. Get a grip.

I was reeled in by page after page of glowing Amazon reviews so I chanced the 4 euro and no it's not the thing that was described. Post punk and all this they were saying.

Green and Murmur are far better as us Document, which I'd forgotten I'd bought

Two great albums for getting you woken up this morning:

Crimson Glory - Transcendence
Eternal Champion - Armor of Ire

And am now awake enough to put The Pact on again for a second listen.

Lykta - Cold Winds of Famine...

Dokken: Beast From The East (1988)

Picked this up second hand on vinyl the other day. Thought it would be a good place to start with Dokken, seems like all their best tracks live and it rocks, good stuff if you like 80s metal/hard rock.

#7941 September 08, 2022, 12:35:27 AM Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 01:03:29 PM by Eoin McLove
Darkthrone- Old Star.
Bretwaldas of Heathen Doom- Kingdom of Killers. (I can't get enough!)
Darkthrone- A Blaze in the Northern Sky.
Darkthrone- Under a Funeral Moon. Such a bleak cunt of an album.
Darkthrone- Transylvanian Hunger.
Emperor- In the Nightside Eclipse.
Primordial- Dark Romanticism.
Primordial- Imrama.

Sigh - Shiki (it's very good)
Negative Plane - The Pact...
Darkthrone - Old Star
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane

Dancing around the house with the youngest to- That 1 Guy And The Magic Pipe – Songs In The Key Of Beotch

Nirvana again here. The vocals on Big Long Now are fucking spectacularly good. The buzz is coming on strong, going for Bleach after this. Get that Bleach into you says Donald trump

Bleach is class, a solid part of my musical DNA. Even throwing on Negative Plane the last few days, I've had the melody to Negative Creep turning round my head while getting it set up.

Found this while reading up on the smart sessions: https://www.livenirvana.com/sessions/studio/april-1990.php

Looks like a decent enough resource but I've only skimmed through it.

Yeah I bought Bleach on cassette with my communion money. I'll never forget the sheer joy and as a bonus it's still a cracking album.

Bleach was my first CD. All tapes before that.

Smart sessions are cool. Had heard most of them before. Really highlights the change of style from Bleach to Nevermind.