Quote from: OpenSores on September 13, 2022, 09:37:43 AM
Quote from: leatherface on September 12, 2022, 11:07:44 PM
Quote from: OpenSores link=msg=68247 date

Ministry - Incase You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up

Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight/Carboot Soul
/quote]

That Ministry (live) album is probably them at their peak although it was a little before 'Psalm 69' which I like a lot too. Great version of 'So What'.

Yeah the 'So What' version is something special, but then again every track is a classic.

There's a live version of So What on the greatest fits compilation that's probably as good as it but I do love the version on In Case... as well. There's a few tracks that didn't make the CD for some reason but were on the VHS. Breathe is one of them iirc. Will never forget that being thumped out by the two drummers in the Music Centre in 2003. What a fucking outstanding gig.

This is the full version of that show. Straight recordings, showing how much the ICYDFLSU release was overdubbed. It's pretty crap TBH, the omitted songs don't hold up at all. The original CD would have benefitted from the inclusion of Breathe and TLORAH (but not the Jello Biafra 'pledge', obviously):

https://www.discogs.com/release/10704432-Ministry-Live-Necronomicon

Ah fuck I do know it. It sounds like shit for the most part. As you say, I'd have taken Breathe and TLORAH but the rest of it not so much. Yknow something, it's been so long I might give it one more chance and see how far I get while I'm here doing fuck all

Quote from: astfgyl on September 13, 2022, 01:42:50 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 12, 2022, 09:55:20 PMIf I remember correctly he used to always go on about his drug habit and mental health issues. I was always fairly allergic to that sort of shit.

Hence the homelessness so. They all had to have a certain level of emotional pain and personal issues in the late 90s/early 2000s

I used to think this Amen version of a favourite Killing Joke song was alright but on relisten no, no they made shit of it. 

https://youtu.be/992oJG0vIBo

Today so far has been

Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill OST (PS1)
Katie Kim - Hour of the Ox

Both very savage in their own ways.

That silent hill ost reminds me of the time I had delirium tremens and the sounds were coming from inside my head

Quote from: ochoill on September 13, 2022, 02:51:16 PMToday so far has been

Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill OST (PS1)
Katie Kim - Hour of the Ox

Both very savage in their own ways.

Hour of the Ox is brilliant.

Massacre- From Beyond
Unto Others- Strength
Deicide- Once Upon The Cross.

Coheed And Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

Bought this when it came out, gave it a couple of listens and forgot about it. It didn't tickle my fancy then but for some reason the chorus of one song was stuck in my head all morning, so on it went. It's going down really well now, only took 17 years to click!

I think that's the one of theirs that I own.  Very cool album despite the incredibly shit lyrics.

The stuff about the haunted bicycle always raised a chuckle.

I wasn't ready for anything proggy then, but I've been warming up to it of late. I must see if I still have the CD, a proper listen would go down well.

Had the most recent Flight of Sleipnir on this morning. Meh, they've gotten lost somewhere along the way.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on September 14, 2022, 12:49:14 PMHad the most recent Flight of Sleipnir on this morning. Meh, they've gotten lost somewhere along the way.

While shopping for some cans
A Sleipnir passed away
He floated up t'ward heaven
But got lost upon the way

Now he's the lovematic Sleipnir
The wise, Socratic Sleipnir
He'll fill our hearts
With Love

Ataraxy - Where All Hope Fades
Ars Hmu - Empire of Impurity
Theriomorph - Diabolical Bloodswords
Nocturnal - Serpent Death
Morbid Cruelty - Holodomor
Butcher - 666 Goats Carry My Chariot
Significant Point - Into the Storm
Raptore - Blackfire
Rotten Tomb - Visions of a Dismal Fate
Rotheads - Slither in Slime
Gargantuan Blade - S/T
Anatomia - Corporeal Torment
Armory - Mercurion
Critical Defiance - No Life Forms
Black Mass - Feast at the Forbidden Tree
Sulphurous - The Black Mouth of Sepulchre
Haxenzijrkell - Urgrund

Quote from: Circlepit on September 14, 2022, 11:49:38 AMMassacre- From Beyond
Unto Others- Strength
Deicide- Once Upon The Cross.

Great selection there.

From Beyond is miles better when Kam Lee shuts the feck up and you can hear the solos. christ on a bike what is it with all this "oi oi oi" when vocalists should let the music do the talking? Kam ruined many a good solo at UK Deathfest 🤮🤬

Lothric         Adversarial Light :abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:
Luctus          Užribis