Mortuous new album is class!

Will have to give the Sumewlands album a go. First album is indeed savage. Don't think I've heard the EP so will get on that as well.

Badbadnotgood - III

Saxon - Power and the Glory.

Beautifully produced, awesome songs. Took me the guts of 40 years to get into them but sure lookit etc :)

Quote from: open face surgery on September 17, 2022, 04:14:34 PMFirst album is indeed savage. Don't think I've heard the EP so will get on that as well.

Sorry, that's my bad; I'm always calling their first album an EP because it's so short.

Best Badbadnotgood album there too, quality.

Ya, went looking and figured that was the case. This new one is missing the edge of the first one on first impressions.

Picking up a bit now.

Lifelover  -    Erotik
Leviathan -  The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide
                    Tentacles of Whorror
                    Scar Sighted

There's a few places in that Force of a Storm song on the new Sumerlands that really remind me of True Survivor (from Kung Fury) by David Hasselhof  :laugh:

Had never heard of Sumerlands until now! Really enjoying what I've heard so far! Went straight for the debut! Great stuff. Any recommendations in a similar vein greatly appreciated!

Quote from: 101_North on September 17, 2022, 08:25:23 PMHad never heard of Sumerlands until now! Really enjoying what I've heard so far! Went straight for the debut! Great stuff. Any recommendations in a similar vein greatly appreciated!
Most of the band are in Eternal Champion who play a similar vein of traditional HM, both of their albums are also very good.

#8050 September 17, 2022, 11:00:05 PM Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 11:02:07 PM by Thorn
Benediction - Subconscious Terror 6/10
Slayer - Buenos Aires 1994 9/10
Katatonia - Dead Air 7/10
Megadeth - The Sick, The Dying and The Dead 8.5/10
Sigh - Shiki - 7.5/10
Vintersorg - The Focusing Blur 7/10
Angel Witch - Angel of Light 7/10
Blind Guardian - The God Machine 9/10
Warrel Dane - Praises To The War Machine 6/10
Grave Digger - Symbol of Eternity 7/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: ldj on September 17, 2022, 10:54:27 PM
Quote from: 101_North on September 17, 2022, 08:25:23 PMHad never heard of Sumerlands until now! Really enjoying what I've heard so far! Went straight for the debut! Great stuff. Any recommendations in a similar vein greatly appreciated!
Most of the band are in Eternal Champion who play a similar vein of traditional HM, both of their albums are also very good.

Thanks 👍

Quote from: ldj on September 17, 2022, 10:54:27 PM

100% agreed, have em' on this morning.

Was giving Seamount a blast last night and had forgotten how good the first album is, albeit more doom laden. Haven't explored further than that.

Mortuous - Upon Desolation

First time listening through that new Mortuous this morning as I was holding off on just the advance track. Mad to hear them bring My Dying Bride into 2 tracks, I was expecting Aaron to pop up with guest vocals on track 2 "Nothing", that's a class track with a nice mixture of style 🤘🏻