Quote from: 91/30 on October 11, 2024, 06:15:43 AMSargeist - CD box set

That is a killer set of releases.  Think I paid £16 for it - bargain!

Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere (another couple of spins.  There is a lot to take in).
Coffin Storm - Arcana Rising (really don't know why I haven't listened to this more as it full of deadly riffs).
Friends of Hell - God Damned You To Hell
Liege Lord - Burn to my Touch
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Nell's Ora Blu
Riot - ThunderSteel
Dokken - Back for the Attack

Candlemass - Ancient Dreams
Motörhead - The Wörld Is Yours

Oranssi Pazuzu - Muuntautuja (couldn't resist, excellent work as expected)
Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere
Witch Vomit - Funeral Sanctum

Quote from: Pentagrimes on October 11, 2024, 08:30:45 AMNew Oranssi Pazuzu on the way to work. Fuck yeah.

Did the same but my journey is only 10 minutes so I'm none the wiser. Will get stuck in soon.

Doedsmaghird - Omniverse Consciousness

Have to agree with McLove (RIP) that this is far closer to DHG's last few outings than I was expecting while, unfortunately for itself, just not being as good as Black Medium Current, which I wasn't expecting to be comparing it to. Still at least decent though, overall, will definitely give it another listen or two.

Just pressed play on new Oranssi now.

#14585 October 11, 2024, 05:47:05 PM Last Edit: October 11, 2024, 05:55:17 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Carnage on October 09, 2024, 07:03:51 PM
Quote from: Thorn on October 09, 2024, 06:27:42 PMKylesa - Exhausting Fire  7/10
Exhausting wait for a follow up to this, it's been 9+ years now. Guess life just got in the way for lovely Laura and Co.

They've a few shows booked for next year, looks like they're coming out of hibernation.
They should fucking stay there unless it's the first Lp and 7". Revisited the later stuff recently for the first time and years, I recall liking it at the time but it hasn't aged well

They hit a sweet spot in the middle but the early and later stuff is fairly dull IMO. To Walk A Middle Course and Static Tensions are the only ones I bother with these days, and not that often with those either.

Portrait - Crossroads. Still well miffed with myself for taking an age to listen to these fellas, essential stuff.

John Frum - A Stirring in the Noos (the band name almost feels like anti-marketing).

Swallowed - Lunarterial. Still sounds as completely unhinged as the first time I heard it.

Malthusian - Demo MMXIII. Probably my favourite ever Irish release (not that the other material is far behind it). Ye bunch of beauts  :-*

Oh FFS  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I might chuck a stream of that album up for the gawk now... they should call the follow-up McLovian Suicide  :abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:

Metallica- The Black Album.  Kirk gets a lot of flak as a guitarist, and maybe he's become sloppy live over the years (and there's hardly even any point in mentioning his/ their creativity over the past two decades) but Jesus he could write a memorable solo in his day. Like Lars he maybe wasn't as technical and flashy as others out there but he had so much style and every solo he added brought something meaningful to the songs.

They Came From Visions - The Twilight Robes
Traveler - Prequel to Madness
Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere
Darkest Era - Wither on the Vine