[/quote]

My hatred of Pitchfork-approved death metal is so strong that I never checked them out before. I thought they'd sound like Mastodon with death metal vocals.  :laugh:
[/quote]

They also gave Aphex Twin - Drukqs 5.5/10 back then when it might be the best electronic album ever made. Clown show in every genre.

A nice easy day at work so was able to listen to music all day

Medieval Steel - Medieval Steel
Wolf - Feeding the Machine
Flamekeeper - Flamekeeper
Magnum - Hear Comes the Rain
Necronomicon - The Demos
Legion of Doom - The Desecration
Death Racer - From Gravel to Grave
Bloodthorn - Genocide
MegatonSword - Blood Hails Steel, Steel Hails Fire
Hexecutor - Beyond Any Human Conception of Knowledge

Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere flac
Bewitcher - Spell Shock cd
Nightwish - Yesterwinde cd

Acid Mass - Upon The Knife

Popped up in my YouTube feed, good stuff.
He's put out a serious amount of music in a very short space of time by the looks of it.

Yep, came across one of their releases lately as well. Enjoyable stuff.

#14555 October 08, 2024, 03:34:24 AM Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 03:38:52 AM by The Wretch
GIRLSCHOOL - Demolition
GIRLSCHOOL - Hit And Run
GIRLSCHOOL - Screaming Blue Murder
FASTWAY - Fastway
FASTWAY - All Fired Up

Gorguts - Considered Dead
Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere

I'm enjoying Absolute Elsewhere, but finding the abrupt changes between death metal and prog a bit jarring. I was dozing on the train with this on, and kept waking thinking I was listening to an old Dr Who soundtrack!

I don't know if it's on purpose but he nails those Ross Dolan vocals.
That whammy bar gets a serious work out as well. This is great.

#14559 October 09, 2024, 07:08:47 AM Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 10:09:36 AM by Eoin McLove
Forgotten Woods- The Curse of Mankind.
Burzum- Det Som Engang Var.
Gorgoroth- Pentagram.

Ereb Altor - Blod Eld Dod
Stygian Crown - Funeral for a King
Anciients - Beyond The Reach of the Sun

#14561 October 09, 2024, 09:38:46 AM Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 02:52:00 PM by Ducky
Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on October 07, 2024, 07:41:50 AMThey also gave Aphex Twin - Drukqs 5.5/10 back then when it might be the best electronic album ever made. Clown show in every genre.

Holy shit, that's one heck of a troll game they have :laugh:

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence.
Massacra - Signs of the Decline.
Hyperdontia - Harvest of Malevolence.

CHRIS POLAND - Return To Metalopolis
LAAZ ROCKIT - Annihilation Principle
MANOWAR - Kings Of Metal
KISS - Asylum
FASTWAY - All Fired Up

#14563 October 09, 2024, 06:27:42 PM Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 06:48:19 PM by Thorn
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? 9.5/10
Huge album for me as a young 'un, literally even painting the devil on the wall as a fourteen year old, causing much satanic panic amongst the family.
Little did they know what was to come from Norway...

Dying Fetus- Wrong One To Fuck With 8/10
Great name for an album by these boys, you just don't fuck with the Fetus .I think Exodus want that killer riff back at the start of the title track though!

Kylesa - Exhausting Fire  7/10
Exhausting wait for a follow up to this, it's been 9+ years now. Guess life just got in the way for lovely Laura and Co.

Void Witch - Horripilating Presence 7/10
Recent debut from this Texan Doom-Death ensemble, if I walked into a room and this was on I'd reckon it for some good ol' Hooded Menace I haven't heard. Who walks into rooms like that though :(

Old Man's Child - Vermin 6/10
Bubblegum Black Metal from Galder, it's alright I suppose but I'm not really aging well with this sort of stuff.

Rotting Christ - Heretics 5/10
Whenever this gets pulled out its invariably down the bottom of the enjoyment rankings and the new one from what I've heard probably won't even be getting a purchase. Sadly RC are a mere shadow of their former selves these days.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Tchornobog - s/t

Folk digging the Blood Incantation vibe who may never have checked out this album, dive in: the tar is fine.

Not so much DM that integrates prog of yesteryear as DM that's proggy in a present sense. Or something. Anyway, 's good.