Bulldozer - IX
Tower Hill - Deathstalker
Mace 'N' Chain - Among Ancient Pillars
Armagh - Exclamation Point 
Flamekeeper - We Who Light The Fire
Darkthrone - It Beckons Us All

Blood Incantation - Interdimensional Extinction

First time listening to Blood Incantation. I usually avoid death metal bands that the likes of Pitchfork review, but I really enjoyed the EP. Sounds a bit like Timeghoul which is never a bad thing.

Ubiquity - The Ascendant Travels Among the Stars

These guys are to old style Opeth what Gruesome is to Death. Still enjoyable though

Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on October 03, 2024, 12:34:17 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on October 03, 2024, 12:19:24 PMThe drum sound is what makes UTSOH. They sound amazing and as I said in the other thread for whatever reason they have never been able to recreate that sound properly live.

The re-recording is awful and should be avoided.
True but it takes a good few listens to appreciate it. A drum sound for connoisseurs. It would sound especially good in a live setting.

I loved it from the first time hearing it as a teenager. Have never heard a drum sound like this anywhere else.

Slowhole "Death Womb"

Dokken - Back for the Attack (first time I have heard a note of Dokken - pretty decent after one quick listen).
Anciients - Beyond the Reach of the Sun
Midnight Force - Severan (always liked their brand of Heavy Metal.  This doesn't disappoint).
Ard - Untouched By Fire
Riot - Narita
Old Man's Child - Ill-natured Spiritual Invasion

Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere
Anciients - Beyond the Reach of the Sun
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
The Smile - Cutouts

Quote from: Maggot Colony on October 04, 2024, 09:38:13 AMBlood Incantation - Interdimensional Extinction

First time listening to Blood Incantation. I usually avoid death metal bands that the likes of Pitchfork review, but I really enjoyed the EP. Sounds a bit like Timeghoul which is never a bad thing.

It's a cracking wee release and stands along side the rest of their discography. Also features Damon Good of Stargazer, Mournful Congregation, VoidCeremony on bass, which gives it a different sound to their other releases in that regard too.

RUSH - Caress Of Steel
RUSH - 2112
RUSH - A Farewell To Kings
RUSH - Hemispheres

HELLOWEEN - Keeper Of The Seven Keys: Part II
RUNNING WILD - Death Or Glory

Opera Ix - The call of the wood

Cultes des ghoules - henbane

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Judas Priest - British Steel

The Spirit - Sounds from the Vortex!,one of my favourite albums of recent times,incredible!

Quote from: Ducky on October 05, 2024, 03:46:05 PM
Quote from: Maggot Colony on October 04, 2024, 09:38:13 AMBlood Incantation - Interdimensional Extinction

It's a cracking wee release and stands along side the rest of their discography. Also features Damon Good of Stargazer, Mournful Congregation, VoidCeremony on bass, which gives it a different sound to their other releases in that regard too.

I picked it up along with Hidden History in Tower on Friday, been spinning them both all weekend. Really great stuff. Looking forward to hearing Starspawn and Absolute Everywhere,

My hatred of Pitchfork-approved death metal is so strong that I never checked them out before. I thought they'd sound like Mastodon with death metal vocals.  :laugh:

Sanctum - On the Horizon
Dephosphorus - Night Sky Transform
Sacrilege - Behind the Realms of Madness