Quote from: Pentagrimes on October 03, 2024, 09:29:37 AMInanna again, vinyl landed yesterday

Forgot I gave that Inanna album a go based off the few posts on it in here.  Liked it actually, must go back to it today too.

Quote from: Maggot Colony on October 03, 2024, 09:11:19 AM
Quote from: The Wretch on October 02, 2024, 11:08:04 PMZEKE - Death Alley

Love Zeke! Everything from Super Sound Racing to Death Alley is absolutely savage. Til the Livin' End was a bit of a letdown, I prefer it when they go full throttle.

You'll love 'Hellbender' then!

I really like Til The Livin' End, great songwriting, and it gave Marky a chance to really show his chops. The split with Peter Pan Speedrock had some great tracks too, especially the Nugent and Antiseen covers.

But that said, I'm glad they seem to have gone back to their earlier style. They had Kurt Kilfelt from Holy Terror playing with them there for a while too, which was cool.

All this talk of them, I have Gorgoroth: Pentagram on now. With Antichrist, Under The Sign Of Hell and Destroyer lined up.

#14523 October 03, 2024, 11:58:51 AM Last Edit: October 03, 2024, 12:44:40 PM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk

Quote from: Carnage on October 03, 2024, 11:37:23 AMAll this talk of them, I have Gorgoroth: Pentagram on now. With Antichrist, Under The Sign Of Hell and Destroyer lined up.

Just finished the same. First two have aged so well. Anitchrist could do with an extra track but great nonetheless. UTSOH i was never much into in the past because of the production but it clicked this time. Destroyer has always been a lovely mess. Always happy to throw it on. Not arsed with anything after that.

The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
Timeghoul - Panaramic Twilight/Unreleased Recordings
Xibalba (Itzaes) - Ah Dzam Poop Ek

Yeah, Antichrist came and went in a flash there. I have Under The Sign on now and fuck me do the drums sound bad. Is the rerecording any better production wise? Couldn't be much worse anyway.

The drum sound is what makes UTSOH. They sound amazing and as I said in the other thread for whatever reason they have never been able to recreate that sound properly live.

The re-recording is awful and should be avoided.

I think it was the re-recording I had on. The drums sounded really bad- very high end or something. I think it's the redone version that Soulseller have reissued so I'll maybe give it a miss.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 03, 2024, 12:19:24 PMThe drum sound is what makes UTSOH. They sound amazing and as I said in the other thread for whatever reason they have never been able to recreate that sound properly live.

The re-recording is awful and should be avoided.
True but it takes a good few listens to appreciate it. A drum sound for connoisseurs. It would sound especially good in a live setting.

I dunno, it just sounds overbearing here, it's hard to focus on anything else and it's nearly drowning out the guitar.

Quote from: Anvil on October 03, 2024, 09:28:59 AM
Quote from: Thorn on October 03, 2024, 09:24:03 AMSonata Artica - Unia 5/10

A bit of bubblegum for the ears this morning but not one of their better efforts. Sonata have a habit of taking a perfectly good song idea and setting out to make it as complicated, convoluted and downright wacky as possible and they really over indulged here.

I find if I am in the mood for something a bit more cheery or light The Ninth Hour by them fits the bill.
Don't have that one, just threw it on the Amazon list there, cheers lad
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Partholón: The Ocean Pours In

Mighty stuff.

Quote from: ochoill on October 01, 2024, 10:56:34 PMDon't say I don't love ye anyway

Nabbed that there, fair play to ya. Gave it a few mins. and it sounds better than the original, that's for sure. A proper listen awaits. Thanks again lad.

Quote from: Carnage on October 03, 2024, 10:19:23 PM
Quote from: ochoill on October 01, 2024, 10:56:34 PMDon't say I don't love ye anyway

Nabbed that there, fair play to ya. Gave it a few mins. and it sounds better than the original, that's for sure. A proper listen awaits. Thanks again lad.

No bother at all.  I oddly only have this version myself, had a CD of the normal copy years ago but it is long lost and then got this online ages back instead.  Glad to share it out anyway so ye can hear the combo of the two albums, always enjoyed it meself.
Quote from: Carnage on October 03, 2024, 01:34:18 PMPartholón: The Ocean Pours In

Mighty stuff.
And yup this is still a top 10 of the year for me for definite.  Class class album.

Minsk - The Crash & the Draw
Eyehategod - Confederacy of Ruined Lives
Down - Over the Under

Imperial Triumphant - "Alphaville"

Never heard a note of these lads but saw Trey Spruance produced this album with them and gave it a go this morning.  Lethal, didn't think it was going to be like that.  Death Metal by it's description but just all over the shop, chaotic and violent. Right up my alley anyway.