All the recent talk of Gorgoroth was quite timely, Pentagram is 30 years old today. So on that goes.

I listened to the new Chat Pile one 3 times. It's a different beast to the last one and it's great

You have to love the lyric side of the booklet  :laugh:

Ha, yeah, remember this alright ,I wasn't bothered reading through all that even then. Nice slippers by the way !
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Discharge: Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing

Quote from: Grim Reality on October 12, 2024, 10:45:48 PMYou have to love the lyric side of the booklet  :laugh:

My eyes are cramping up at the thought of reading that...

Solstice- White Horse Hill. I had Alan's interview with Dan on earlier and foresee a Solstice day ahead  8)

Great album. All of theirs are really, despite all the line up shenanigans.

NP: Discharge: Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing

I think Rich always has such a firm idea on his head of what he wants to do that it never becomes too derailed by the revolving door of musicians. I look forward to an album with Dan and then whoever comes after him.

#14603 October 13, 2024, 02:51:08 AM Last Edit: October 13, 2024, 03:09:24 AM by Carnage
Yeah, that seems to be the case. Though he's also led by the lad, according to sources close to the mark. Hmm.

NP: Fear Factory: Digimortal - always thought of this one as being quite poor but it's going down well now. That Cypress Hill song can still fuck off though.

Archetype: Wolbers was a much, much better guitarist than Cazares - at least for that band. His stuff is more natural, yet much more tight and precise, suited to their sound. Less processed, certainly.

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Venom - Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Mount Salem - Endless

Quote from: Carnage on October 13, 2024, 02:51:08 AMNP: Fear Factory: Digimortal - always thought of this one as being quite poor but it's going down well now. That Cypress Hill song can still fuck off though.

Archetype: Wolbers was a much, much better guitarist than Cazares - at least for that band. His stuff is more natural, yet much more tight and precise, suited to their sound. Less processed, certainly.

I'd disagree with you, but if you like Archetype anyway then Digimortal is definitely worth a revisit on writing merit alone - seemingly Cazares didn't have much input in the direction on DM and it was Bell/Wolbers mainly.  Wolbers/Herrera on Archetype I think.

I hate both of them, the only post-Obsolete album worth a go is Mechanize, anything else is straight in the bin.  Wolbers is a good guitarist alright yeah but Cazares' sound and style defined the band.  SOANM and Demanufacture are unbeatable across anything they've done.

I don't mind Archetype but Digimortal is irredeemable. And really it is only Mechanize that is anything really decent after Obsolete

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Def Leppard - On Through The Night
Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere

Traveller - Termination Shock
Abysmal Grief - Funeral Cult of Personality

New Wrathprayer has been hitting the spot. Needs more listens to settle right.

New Orannsi Pazuzu isn't. Just not particularly in the mood for it so will come back to it.