Cattle Decapitation: Karma Bloody Karma.

Out 18 years today, still a bit of the pigsqueal grind about it but heading in the right direction.

Amorphis - Karelian Isthmus.

Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes.

Howling Sycamore - Howling Sycamore, Seven Pathways to Annihilation.

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic.

#13622 July 12, 2024, 02:50:38 PM Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 03:01:55 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Anvil on July 12, 2024, 08:56:08 AM
Quote from: The Wretch on July 11, 2024, 09:43:25 AM
Quote from: Anvil on July 11, 2024, 09:31:40 AMOverkill - The Years of Decay (I Hate is such a good song).

So snotty. Also, Bobby Gustafson is on fire on that album. Immense riffs, and great guitar tone. It really set the standard for their later work IMO. It's a shame he was gone after that. They've had some great lead players since to be fair, but he had that X Factor I think, and there was great musical chemistry there, even if they weren't necessarily always on good terms personally.

Such a shame he never got anything off the ground after that. But then, even if you do come up with decent riffs, it's hard to get traction with pretty average players/vocalists and names like 'Satan's Taint'.

I thought he might make a proper go of it with Vio-Lence, but nah.

He was great with Overkill but never really followed anything else he did.  Though I loved the two guys on Horrorscope as well (embarrassingly I can only remember Merritt Grants' name, and I am doubting myself if that is even right - Rob someone perhaps). I am shit with names.

Merritt Gant and Rob Cannavino.

N.P. -

MORBID ANGEL - Domination
MORBID ANGEL - Kingdoms Disdained

Kingdoms is much better than it's reputation suggests (granted it was well reviewed at the time, but it is rarely discussed since from what I can tell) It's no Blessed or Covenant (or even Formulas) but it's a solid DM album, with some great riffs and lead work from Trey, as usual. The only thing really missing is Sandoval, who IMO was a bigger loss in terms of their musical identity than David Vincent ever was.

Death Possession- demo
Ossuary- Forsaken Offerings

Megadeth - Live at Cow Palace 1992

Nick Menza kept everything so tight back then. It's been a long long time since they were this good.

They were tight as fuck with DeGrasso too to be fair. And sound wise it was the heaviest they ever sounded IMO. Also, Al Pitrelli, even though he wasn't always spot on with the likes of the Tornado Of Souls solo, was infinitely more interesting than most of the guitarists since.

POSSESSED - Beyond The Gates
DEATH - Scream Bloody Gore

Gama Bomb: Citizen Brain.
Speed:Only One Mode
Demolition Hammer: Epidemic Of Violence

#13628 July 12, 2024, 08:47:09 PM Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 09:56:37 PM by Eoin McLove
Vulcano- Bloody Vengeance.
Destruction- Infernal Overkill.
Kreator- Pleasure to Kill.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 12, 2024, 08:47:09 PMVulcano- Bloody Vengeance.

That's a fine evening's listening right there.

Quote from: The Wretch on July 13, 2024, 02:15:20 AM

That was at 6 in the morning, but yep! 8)

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 13, 2024, 06:40:33 AM
Quote from: The Wretch on July 13, 2024, 02:15:20 AM

That was at 6 in the morning, but yep! 8)

Oops!

Stellar, elite metal says I!

YNGWIE J MALMSTEEN - Trilogy
DOKKEN - Tooth and Nail
EUROPE - Wings Of Tomorrow
LOUDNESS - Thunder In The East

Thin Lizzy - Fighting

Trouble - The Skull on the decks now, found this a little boring when I first got it after loving the debut but it's really doing it for me today, good record.