Quote from: Malco on July 10, 2024, 12:37:31 PM

These look-at-me spas walking back and forth on the stage might just be my new least-favourite thing.

Now listening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVHh_ihLjig

Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients

What a great time. Felt like there was classic album released every week !

#13592 July 10, 2024, 05:30:26 PM Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 05:34:11 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Mr Barlow on July 10, 2024, 05:26:59 PMPestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients

What a great time. Felt like there was classic album released every week !

Very true. This wasn't one of them however  :laugh:

Had Molested "Blod Draum"/"Stormvold" on earlier.  Kinda have to be in the mood for them cos they're so chaotic but when they hit me at the right time, it makes me think how if they'd been a little tighter they could well have been the Norwegian equivalent to Alf Era At The Gates.

Tell you what though, if ever some releases needed a decent remix/master it's these. I've the vinyl reissues from about a decade or so ago and they sound like absolute shit. the production was ropey anyway ("Stormvold" in particular is messy ) but the quality of these versions is abysmal

[/quote]

Very true. This wasn't one of them however  :laugh:

[/quote]

Oooooh, burn !
 ;D

ha, couldn't resist. I feel like I've said talked about that album before; but my general feeling is that there's a few good tunes on it but it was very clear they were trying to hop on the Athiest/Cynic/"Human" band wagon and didn't have the imagination

I actually enjoyed it more lately than ever before. Stills needs more time.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 10, 2024, 05:57:25 PMha, couldn't resist. I feel like I've said talked about that album before; but my general feeling is that there's a few good tunes on it but it was very clear they were trying to hop on the Athiest/Cynic/"Human" band wagon and didn't have the imagination
It was released a week after Unquestionable Presence and a month before Human  :laugh:

Testimony is class and while with Spheres, yeah their ambition was probably a beyond their abilities, that recent remaster really shines a new light on it.

https://agoniarecords.bandcamp.com/album/spheres-remaster

Quote from: Bürggermeister on July 10, 2024, 05:23:38 PM
Quote from: Malco on July 10, 2024, 12:37:31 PM

These look-at-me spas walking back and forth on the stage might just be my new least-favourite thing.

"We're wacky, zaaaaaney guys!" A right shower of cunts.

N.P. - PYRE - Human Hecatomb (2014)

Absolute filth. Glorious.

Today I'm stuck on a Scratch Acid and Jesus Lizard buzz. Pure deadliness.

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy, I like him just fine-But he's a MOUTH BREATHER!! ???

Pretty excited for the new album, slightly worried though cus Ipecac Records put out a lot of shite. But I hope David Yow keeps Mike Patton's (genius as he also his) fuckin hands off it.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 10, 2024, 05:57:25 PMHad Molested "Blod Draum"/"Stormvold" on earlier.  Kinda have to be in the mood for them cos they're so chaotic but when they hit me at the right time, it makes me think how if they'd been a little tighter they could well have been the Norwegian equivalent to Alf Era At The Gates.

Tell you what though, if ever some releases needed a decent remix/master it's these. I've the vinyl reissues from about a decade or so ago and they sound like absolute shit. the production was ropey anyway ("Stormvold" in particular is messy ) but the quality of these versions is abysmal

The Galgenstrang versions?  I have them too, bare bones and rough as fuck for sure. Got them 15 years ago now 😳. Osmose released them a couple of months ago which I'd be curious to hear if they did any remastering.

AUTOPSY - Ashes, Organs, Blood And Crypts 
ABSCESS - Horrorhammer
DARKTHRONE - Soulside Journey

Quote from: Bürggermeister on July 10, 2024, 06:14:01 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 10, 2024, 05:57:25 PMha, couldn't resist. I feel like I've said talked about that album before; but my general feeling is that there's a few good tunes on it but it was very clear they were trying to hop on the Athiest/Cynic/"Human" band wagon and didn't have the imagination
It was released a week after Unquestionable Presence and a month before Human  :laugh:

Testimony is class and while with Spheres, yeah their ambition was probably a beyond their abilities, that recent remaster really shines a new light on it.

https://agoniarecords.bandcamp.com/album/spheres-remaster

I must give this a whirl, big fan of Spheres (easily their best slab).

I think Testimony is a decent record too, but all the interludes boil my piss no end.

Peter Serafinowicz ruined Testimony for me, since any time I put it on I'm thinking about and giggling at this every few seconds  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kirSTyLlVoM

Decent day of listening in work today, worshipping satan on the man's dime  8)

Megaslaughter - Calls from Beyond
Belial - Wisdom of Darkness
Morbid - December Moon
Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness
Mefisto - Megalomania puzzle 
Morbid Angel - Altars
Morbid Angel - Abominations
Dissection - Into Infinite obscurity
Dismember - Like an overflowing stream

Is there any better way to worship Satan?

Opeth - Still Life (my favourite Opeth album)

Tailgunner - Guns for Hire (really good straight up Heavy Metal from last year... If I had of remembered it was from 2023 it would have made my top 5... Probably!)

Coltre - To Watch With Hands...To Touch With Eyes (for the last few years I haveusually ended up buying everything Dying Victims release.  Again another solid release of hard rock/heavy metal.  The 3rd track Rat Race is a banger.)

Aardvark - Tough Love (more Dying Victims, think these guys are from Oz.  Only played it once, liking what I have heard so far but obliviously needs more listens).

Overkill - The Years of Decay (I Hate is such a good song).