Armagh - Exclamation Point
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Portrait - The Host

Quote from: Mithrandir on July 14, 2024, 09:00:47 AMTrouble - The Skull on the decks now, found this a little boring when I first got it after loving the debut but it's really doing it for me today, good record.

Had it on twice in the wee hours at work last night having just ordered the Hammerheart reissue.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

GRIM REAPER - See You In Hell
GRIM REAPER - Fear No Evil
TOKYO BLADE - Tokyo Blade
ELIXIR- The Son Of Odin

Motörhead- Another Perfect Day.
Sarcófago- I.N.R.I.
Mystifier- Göetia.

Riot - ThunderSteel
Crypt Sermon - The Styglan Rose
Traveler - Prequel to Madness

Today's playlist brought to you with the letter P...

Pitchshifter - Desensitized
Powermad - Absolute Power
Paradise Lost - Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us

Horrendous - Ontological Mysterium
Kairon; IRSE! - Polysomn

Trouble: Run To The Light

37 today, an overlooked and underrated Trouble album IMO. I picked up the remaster recently and it sounds great.

#13643 July 15, 2024, 08:51:00 PM Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 08:53:02 PM by Thorn
Voivod -Killing Technology  10/10
Where the band really came of age and recorded a masterpiece of progressive thrash with some of the most insane riffs known to Metal.

Slayer - Show No Mercy 9/10
Stunning debut from Slayer but better was to come and these songs really came to life later on Decade Of Aggression.

Centinex - Subconscious Lobotomy 8/10
While they would go on to be a decent second tier Swedeath band, Centinex's Sunlight Studios debut beat the hell out of anything the likes of Grave and Unleashed were conjuring up.

Aborym - Kali Yuga Bizarre 8/10
Futuristic Black Metal debut was my first introduction to the irrepressible Attila

Autopsy - Morbidity Triumphant 7.5/10
The core trio bring in their eighth bassist for another romp through all things unhealthy and unhinged.

Skinlab - Disembody:The New Flesh 7/10
I remember getting into this when they were supporting Entombed in Dublin so I picked up the reissue cheap. Still like it alright.

Predatory Light - Death And The Twilight Hours 7/10
'22 release suggests these boys have been paying more than a little attention to Negative Plane.

Defleshed - Under The Blade 7/10
Favourite Defleshed album and also a contender for the Best Collection of Song Titles Award.

Intronaut.- The Direction Of Lost Things 6.5/10
Svart sale pick up, Tooly, Mastodony type stuff ,not bad for a bargain grab, like the artwork too.

Bloodbath - Survival Of The Sickest 6.5/10
A dearth of memorable riffs and the law of diminishing returns makes this the least effective Bloodbath in my book.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Had another listen to Portrait's The Host tonight. Have to say, found myself getting a little tired of it toward the end. Switched to Megaton Sword - Might & Power after. Different league.

SAINT - Time's End
SAINT - Too Late For Living

Basically the Christian metal version of Judas Priest. And they were fucking good too. Both great records, on par with much of the mainstream trad/power metal of the era IMO. Must check out their later stuff.

METAL CHURCH - Congregation Of Annihilation

Still not sure how I feel about this one. Good album, but there is something missing. And it's not just Mike Howe. I really like Lopes as a singer, and I like Ronny Monroe too (and David Wayne, obviously) so it's not the vocals. Dunno, maybe it will grow on me.

ARMORED SAINT - Delirious Nomad

Dave Pricard was a great guitarist, a real loss to the band. Not that Sandoval and Duncan are any slouches mind you. 

Sabbat - Black Up Your Soul...
Hexecutor - Beyond Any Human Conception of Knowledge (A 2020 Dying Victims release I picked up in the recent Invictus sale - really enjoyable blackened thrash)
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Portrait - The Host (loving this the more I listen to it)
Riot - ThunderSteel (the new gardening album)
My Dying Bride - Macabre Cabaret

Ministry - The Land of Rape and Honey
Ministry - The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste

Wormed-Omegon: great technical players but a bit too Tech metal for me. Still enjoyable.

Vomit Forth-Seething Malevolence: Good heavy stuff here. Not fussed with the slam sections.

Cryptic Hatred-Internal torment: I here these are just young lads. But it's pretty good. Some old DM vibe mixed with later melodic Carcassy vibe.

Quote from: Rosco on July 16, 2024, 02:54:12 PMWormed-Omegon: great technical players but a bit too Tech metal for me. Still enjoyable.

Must give this a go, loved Exodromos (how is that album eleven years old now, sheesh).