I can't recall any issues with them.
The we ship is closed at the moment so nothing will be shipped until sometime in August.

Pantera. While back in the old room I was digging through the CD collection and ended up listening to their full catalogue. Holy shit they are fucking amazing. Listened to them to death as a teen, but the only album I've really revisited here and there since is Trendkill.

It's easy to see them through the lens of the legacy they left behind; a ton of shit bands that just milk the power groove chugs and sing about strength. honour, and loyalty and other such bollocks (apologies to anyone here who has one of those words tattooed on them  :laugh: ), but Pantera were so much more than that. The inventiveness of the riffs and leads is mindblowing. Absolutely loved the sheer heaviness of the bending riff on the outro to Throes of Rejection (later transplanted to the end of Becoming on Live 101 Proof), and the other weird ascending bending riff in Sandblasted Skin. All of the weird effect guitar leads and textures etc. At times those parts even remind of some of the more textured parts of The Smiths!

For me the best metal band to ever do it. If you consider it in songwriting terms then all the usual suspects at the top (Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera, Maiden etc) are all about as good as each other, it's just a case of which sound and style you prefer. But with Pantera no band has ever been better.

#13667 July 17, 2024, 05:27:50 PM Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 05:51:16 PM by The Wretch
LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR - Six Days in Hades (Single)
LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR - War Metal Battle Master

These lads are really hitting the spot today. Didn't realize they released a single in April. Not nearly as powerful as previous single ''Dark Sorcery Beyond' but still a thoroughly enjoyable stomper.

FULL BLOWN A.I.D.S.- Full Blown A.I.D.S.

Liege Lord - Burn to my Tough
Destroyer 666 - Six Songs With Devil
Riot - Narita
Freeways - Dark Sky Sanctuary
Portrait - The Host

BURNING - Nightmares (2016)

Just discovered these lads on a Witchfinder General Facebook group. Their metal archives entry has them down as "Heavy/Power Metal" (I'm guessing by power metal they mean of the early American variety) but there is a strong doom vibe too, hence turning up in a WG group. The vocal lines in particular are very reminiscent of Zeeb Parkes. Its a pity he (Hugo Koch) didn't sing on 'Resurrected' rather than Gary Martin.

Kanonenfieber -Menschenmühle flac
1914 - Where Fear and Weapons Meet flac
Kvaen - The Formless Fire flac
Paul Dianno Battlezone - Fighting Back, Children of Madness flac...christ i hadnt listened to these in 20+years.. actually really enjoyed them again! must dig out his book for the laugh

Quote from: londonleatherboy on July 18, 2024, 08:53:59 AMPaul Dianno Battlezone - Fighting Back, Children of Madness flac...christ i hadnt listened to these in 20+years.. actually really enjoyed them again! must dig out his book for the laugh

Battlezone were a decent band. And that first Killers album he did is a cracker too. Nice Priest/Accept riffs.

Quote from: The Wretch on July 18, 2024, 09:58:44 AM
Quote from: londonleatherboy on July 18, 2024, 08:53:59 AMPaul Dianno Battlezone - Fighting Back, Children of Madness flac...christ i hadnt listened to these in 20+years.. actually really enjoyed them again! must dig out his book for the laugh

Battlezone were a decent band. And that first Killers album he did is a cracker too. Nice Priest/Accept riffs.
yeah murder one is a quality album..fairly sure i have that on cd somewhere..prob in the parents gaf with the book

Evoken - Embrace the Emptiness
Evoken - Quietus

Quote from: londonleatherboy on July 18, 2024, 10:10:04 AM
Quote from: The Wretch on July 18, 2024, 09:58:44 AM

yeah murder one is a quality album..fairly sure i have that on cd somewhere..prob in the parents gaf with the book

I heard a track from his new one the other day, Warhorse. Muck. I have little time for him since the wife beating incident anyway.

Nine Inch Nails - Broken
Nine Inch Nails - Add Violence
Nine Inch Nails - Bad Witch

Thy Light - Thy Light

#13677 July 18, 2024, 09:08:34 PM Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 01:10:43 AM by Cailleach
Sarke - Vorunah
             Oldarhian
             Arugaint

#13678 July 19, 2024, 12:56:11 AM Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 01:06:43 AM by The Wretch
BUFFALO - Volcanic Rock
IMPETIGO - Horror Of The Zombies
DECEASED - Luck Of The Corpse
REGURGITATE - Effortless Regurgitation Of Bright Red Blood
GENERAL SURGERY - Necrology

#13679 July 19, 2024, 05:49:01 AM Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 05:58:12 AM by Mithrandir
Listening to the new Helvetet's Port track, maybe the least shit song I've heard from them but still isn't great. It's a kind of morbid curiosity at this point that I keep going back, the only person I've ever met to actually like them is Bane from the old forum.

Visigoth - The Conquerors Oath. I really enjoy this album but for some reason with Visigoth I have this weird guilty pleasure feeling I can't put my finger on, maybe that it's a bit cheesy but not in a cool way. The guitarists don't really rip memorable leads like I need in this kind of HM too.

Cruciamentum - Convocation of crawling chaos
Grave miamsa - Exalted Emanations
Grave miamsa/goat molestor - realm of evoked doom
Acid - Maniac
Funebrarum - Beneath the columns
Von - Satanic blood angel
Zom Demo