#13650 July 16, 2024, 03:44:49 PM Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 03:46:34 PM by Ducky
Quote from: Ducky on July 16, 2024, 03:34:08 PM
Quote from: Rosco on July 16, 2024, 02:54:12 PMWormed-Omegon: great technical players but a bit too Tech metal for me. Still enjoyable.

Must give this a go, loved Exodromos (how is that album eleven years old now, sheesh).

Three songs in on Spotify and there's a serious bang of Artificial Brain off it, plus Colin Marston.

Edit - sure enough MA confirms Marston on mixing/mastering duties.

#13651 July 16, 2024, 06:33:13 PM Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 06:40:52 PM by Cailleach
Rift                         To Quench the Thirst of Wolves
Prygla                    Prygla
Rodent Epoch      Hidden Temple

Strapping Young Lad - Alien
Ocean Machine - Biomech

It's been a while but I love both those albums

Megaton Sword - Might & Power
Megaton Sword - Blood Hails Steel, Steel Hails Fire

I guess it'd be rude not to put on Niralet next.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 16, 2024, 10:08:47 PMStrapping Young Lad - Alien
Ocean Machine - Biomech

I know City is the classic, but Alien is up there with it too. I can't remember a single song from The New Black, must revisit it sometime.

NP -

Fabricant - Drudge to the Thicket.
Artificial Brain - s/t.

Quote from: Ducky on July 16, 2024, 10:51:44 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 16, 2024, 10:08:47 PMStrapping Young Lad - Alien
Ocean Machine - Biomech

I know City is the classic, but Alien is up there with it too. I can't remember a single song from The New Black, must revisit it sometime.

NP -

Fabricant - Drudge to the Thicket.
Artificial Brain - s/t.

I was served up a few off The New Black by Alexa lately and the tunes weren't as bad as I remember although only on a par with the one with the feather on the red cover ie not great. Alien isn't far off City at all I've always enjoyed it. Have Terria or Infinity lined up for next. Well it'll be both but I dunno which order. He really did have a fairly well defined Classic Era didn't he

Sympos - both EPs.
Veln - s/t album.
Coroza - As Within.

KKs Priest - The Dinner Rides Again

And still having a go off the new Sabbath Boxset. This week has been mostly Tyr.

CANDLEMASS - Chapter VI
CANDLEMASS - Candlemass
VENI DOMINE - Fall Babylon Fall
MEMENTO MORI - Rhymes Of Lunacy
QUEENSRYCHE - Rage For Order

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 16, 2024, 10:29:40 PMMegaton Sword - Might & Power
Megaton Sword - Blood Hails Steel, Steel Hails Fire

I guess it'd be rude not to put on Niralet next.

That is pretty much my ultimate gardening playlist. Though I have replaced them temporarily...

Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Nell' Ora Blu

Armagh - Exclamation Point

Riot - ThunderSteel

Nightfall - Parade into Centuries

Octoploid - Beyond the Aeons (there is maybe a bit more depth and interest in this albun than I first surmised). 

Savage Master - Mask of the Devil (the vocals take a bit of time to get used to).

LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR - The Ultimate Destroyer
LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR - Evil Power

Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea
Ahab - The Coral Tombs

Cobalt- Gin. I knocked it off after four or five songs. Just bored me.

Sodom- In the Sign of Evil.

Striknien DC- Horses for Courses. What amused me no end this evening while listening to this was that how almost every single talking point and subject of irritation mentioned across the album is the kind of stuff being called alt right these days. I wonder what Uncle Deko makes of it. Has he flip flopped all of his former opinions to fit with the current zeitgeist on the left, or does he think the world has gone mad. Great album regardless.

Zoundz- random YouTube songs. Talk about underrated. Amazing stuff.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 17, 2024, 12:01:14 PMCobalt- Gin. I knocked it off after four or five songs. Just bored me.

Striknien DC- Horses for Courses. What amused me no end this evening while listening to this was that how almost every single talking point and subject of irritation mentioned across the album is the kind of stuff being called alt right these days. I wonder what Uncle Deko makes of it. Has he flip flopped all of his former opinions to fit with the current zeitgeist on the left, or does he think the world has gone mad. Great album regardless.

That Cobalt album is brilliant, I love it.
I can't believe the new Gjendød is on Spotify. That will do until Osmose come back from their holidays.

I picked up Gin when it came out and barely listened to it. Revisiting it I can see why. When it goes fast and wild it's more interesting but the brooding stuff doesn't convince me for some reason. I remember liking Eater of Birds, but again it's a long time since I've had it on.

Quote from: Circlepit on July 17, 2024, 01:18:47 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 17, 2024, 12:01:14 PMCobalt- Gin. I knocked it off after four or five songs. Just bored me.

That Cobalt album is brilliant, I love it.
I can't believe the new Gjendød is on Spotify. That will do until Osmose come back from their holidays.

Are Osmose generally a bit of a shower? I seem to remember owning a copy of Absu's "Tara" on CD and the fucker wouldn't play half the time due to whatever copy protection that was on it.

I ended up running a line out of my hifi into the line in on my soundcard, making a good ol' recording of it in Audacity, chopping it up into individual tracks, then burning that to a blank CD.