Black Sabbath- Headless Cross. It sounds great at least  8)

Unholy  - Rapture
Devastator - Conjurers if Cruelty
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Boundless Chaos - Sinister Upheaval
Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project

Scald - Will of the Gods is Great Power

Some days I think this is my favourite metal release regardless of genre. No wonder the new song sounds so average in comparison.

Quote from: Carnage on June 07, 2024, 12:32:58 AMMonoliths And Dimensions scared my dog out of the room the first time I put it on.

I'd leave the room too if someone put on a fucking Sunn O))) album.

Still pissed off about the time I bought The Grimmrobe Demos after hearing how amazing they supposedly are. It's like listening to drugged whale mating calls over a malfunctioning MRI scan.

Black Sabbath- Tyr. This is insane. So epic and catchy. Tony Martin is another level.

Sarke - Gastwerso

This has quite a few different styles on it
Very soundtracky/cinematic in places

Nice for a change

Jaysus, last song has a solo that reminds me of Pink Floyd

Mad album Ted ;)

Quote from: Wilbur Whateley on June 07, 2024, 09:29:05 AM
Quote from: Carnage on June 07, 2024, 12:32:58 AMMonoliths And Dimensions scared my dog out of the room the first time I put it on.

I'd leave the room too if someone put on a fucking Sunn O))) album.

Still pissed off about the time I bought The Grimmrobe Demos after hearing how amazing they supposedly are. It's like listening to drugged whale mating calls over a malfunctioning MRI scan.

:laugh:  That was my initial impression too but they grew on me, they have some great stuff.

Quote from: Jward on June 07, 2024, 11:27:58 AMSarke - Gastwerso

This has quite a few different styles on it
Very soundtracky/cinematic in places

Nice for a change

Jaysus, last song has a solo that reminds me of Pink Floyd

Mad album Ted ;)

First time checking out this project. Hearing Celtic Frost, Serpent Noir, Rotting Christ. Didn't dig the female vocals at all though, to the point that it'd put me off listening again, even though they're only in two songs. The wee solo at the end is fairly Floyd-y though, true enough!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 07, 2024, 01:16:30 PMFirst time checking out this project. Hearing Celtic Frost, Serpent Noir, Rotting Christ. Didn't dig the female vocals at all though, to the point that it'd put me off listening again, even though they're only in two songs. The wee solo at the end is fairly Floyd-y though, true enough!

Female vocals don't really add anything

Gimmicky

Gae Bolg- Requiem.

DEF LEPPARD - On Through The Night (1980)
DEF LEPPARD - High'N'Dry (1981)

On Through the Night is a great album, must stick it on soon. 

Anciients - Heart of Oak
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
Rory Gallagher - Deuce
Battleroar - Blood of Legends
Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Wytch Hazel - Prelude

Dio - The Collection 9/10
I don't usually pick up Best Of's but I wasn't leaving this sitting on Amazon for a measly few bucks

Enslaved- Eld 9/10
Moving on from the icy tones of Frost, Enslaved were just starting to stretch their wings on this majestic third offering .Goodbye gimp mask.

Runemagick - Enter The Realm Of Death 9/10
The Swede's second album is a melodic yet desolate offering with enough quality riffs for two albums, in truth the first two are gold.

Nocturnus AD - Unicursal 8/10
So good to have Nocturnus back and firing again, this one is maybe not up to the predecessor but it's still killer synth soaked and complex Death Metal. Not many of the old bands sound as relevant and energized as these do at the minute.

In Solitude - the World, The Flesh, The Devil 8.5/10
Second (and second last) from the much missed Swedes channels Maiden, Fate and the spirit of NWOBHM into one seriously good album.

Helloween - Helloween 7.5/10
Kiske and Hansen finally back in tandem last time out, not the Walls Of Jericho follow up I may have dared hope for but not bad at all.

Saxon - Unleash The Beast 7.5/10
Back in 1997 when bands were tripping over themselves to be different the Barnsley boys were doing this.Solid as a rock.

Raven - Leave 'Em Bleeding 7/10
Another comp and a good one. I mentioned Raven and Venom to some Geordie gents who came over for the Rory G festival. Vacant looks all round. then again I have no interest in Rory G. Looks like blues rock and Metal really are world's apart. Not that I ever doubted it.

Reverend Hound - Deal In Steel 7/10
Seriously? Who isn't gonna pick up an album called that?!.Fist pumping, lead laden German Heavy Metal that sounds like it came from the last century. A good thing of course.

Night Demon - Outsider 6/10
Decent, catchy, simple, risk free fare.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Black Sabbath - Mob Rules

An album I hardly know
This is probably my 2nd or 3rd listen, ever

Side 1 is a bit all over the shop
One song sounds like something Deep Purple would have put out a few years prior (I'm a big DP fan)
And it's a bit too rocky in parts
Saying that, some rocky riffs in 'Falling Off The Edge of the World' are great (Now Side 2)
Early Anathema would be all over the start of 'Over & Over' :)
Pure Silent Enigma feel to it  8)
Superb solo by Iommi in it too
The dual guitars work very well (Anathema again!)

I'll give another few listens, but side 2 has won me over already

Now onto ...

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell