Quote from: The Wretch on June 03, 2024, 05:17:03 PMTHE GATES OF SLUMBER - Conqueror (2008)
THE GATES OF SLUMBER - Hymns Of Blood And Thunder (2009)

That's proper fooookin metal right there. 
:abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:

Death - Leprosy
Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies
Trying out the young ones new vinyl.

دمار - Triumph Through Spears of Sacrilege

JAMES GANG - Rides Again (1970)

Must put on some Gates of Slumber.  Haven't listened to them in a while. 

Heavy Load - Meyal Conquest
Ard - Untouched By Fire
Mayhem - Daemonic Rites
Riot - Rock City

Sabbath - T Martin CD Boxset.. Worth the wait..Magnificent

#13116 June 04, 2024, 12:42:03 PM Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 12:45:57 PM by Eoin McLove
Quote from: londonleatherboy on June 04, 2024, 12:12:07 PMSabbath - T Martin CD Boxset.. Worth the wait..Magnificent

You beauty. Waiting on my copy to arrive. I had an interview with Tony on earlier and he seems like a really decent dude. Zero ego, just incredibly chilled out and cool.

Tyr on here now actually (YouTube)  8)

I remember many years ago on MI Crow was raving about Tony Martin and saying he was his favorite Sabbath singer. I wasn't so into that BIG 80s sound back then so what I heard didn't really click with me to any great degree. But now I'm fully on board. My wife was just slagging me saying, you were obsessed with Motörhead recently and now Tony Martin Sabbath. I corrected her; I am obsessed with Motörhead AND Tony Martin Sabbath! (And Future Islands :D )

I love when the ones sitting right under your nose for decades come back around and blow you away.

I've a couple of the Martin albums already, is there any talk of releasing the albums individually? Don't fancy splashing out on the full set when I've got half them

Entombed: Left Hand Path

34 years old today. Fuck, I'm old.

I never paid any attention to the Martin era (partially because I don't like Dio and that's who he's compared to, and the first Sabbath album proper I got my hands on as a young fella was Born Again with Ian Gillian, so I took on a "no Ozzy, no point) attitude.

Giving Headless Cross a whirl here on Spotify and fuck, might just have to pick up that boxset.

Quote from: Ducky on June 04, 2024, 07:39:23 PMI never paid any attention to the Martin era (partially because I don't like Dio and that's who he's compared to, and the first Sabbath album proper I got my hands on as a young fella was Born Again with Ian Gillian, so I took on a "no Ozzy, no point) attitude.

Giving Headless Cross a whirl here on Spotify and fuck, might just have to pick up that boxset.

Both Headless Cross and Tyr are mighty. As is Eternal Idol, but that isn't in the boxset. Cross Purposes has really grown on me over the years too. Forbidden has some cracking riffs too, but is very confused sounding, and poorly produced. Having Ernie C as producer was folly, especially as he apparently was acting like Cozy Powell couldn't play drums, and was telling Iommi how to play. And he had Ice - T involved, which was an abomination.

N.P. - REVEREND BIZARRE - In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend (2002)

Quote from: The Wretch on June 05, 2024, 12:12:08 AMREVEREND BIZARRE - In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend (2002)

Had that on the headphones walking around on one of the hot days during the week, you wouldn't think it's a suitably summery album but it really is.

I could see that.

N.P. - SAVATAGE - The Dungeons Are Calling (1984)

WRETCH - Wretch (2016)