Quote from: Bürggermeister on June 22, 2024, 03:50:27 PMRush was the only band I ever broke the €50 limit for and, likewise, did so begrudgingly for a standing ticket. Them aside, however, if it's over €50, I'm not going. Fuck it. Small gigs are more fun, usually far fewer gobshites than the big gigs attract.

Yeah I paid €25 into see Revocation and spent the gig watching Dave Davidson play solos about a foot from my face.

Quote from: Ducky on June 22, 2024, 01:14:52 PMThink the most I ever paid to see one band was around €80 for Rush - that was a seating ticket (with a good view), they were my ultimate bucket list band, it was the classic lineup (not that they've ever really had any other lineup) and they played for over three hours. And even then I was still paying the asking price through gritted teeth.

This craic is just pure exploitation, especially when the brains behind Pantera have long since departed.

I paid £500/night for Snake Pit tickets to Metallica recently, but it included exclusive swag that is selling on eBay for £100, professional catering, three free drinks, and access to a cool lounge where you could play some of the band's instruments.

For a long time, the cost made me feel slightly sick, but I rationalised it as a bucket list deal. Honestly though, after experiencing it, I'd do it again tomorrow. It was like getting your own personal Metallica concert with 70,000 people in the background.

https://youtu.be/dyGIm-ImfSY?si=_2kLsG3Nd6v0ITf8

Quote from: BobbyAxelrod on June 22, 2024, 10:45:05 PM
Quote from: Ducky on June 22, 2024, 01:14:52 PMThink the most I ever paid to see one band was around €80 for Rush - that was a seating ticket (with a good view), they were my ultimate bucket list band, it was the classic lineup (not that they've ever really had any other lineup) and they played for over three hours. And even then I was still paying the asking price through gritted teeth.

This craic is just pure exploitation, especially when the brains behind Pantera have long since departed.

I paid £500/night for Snake Pit tickets to Metallica recently, but it included exclusive swag that is selling on eBay for £100, professional catering, three free drinks, and access to a cool lounge where you could play some of the band's instruments.

For a long time, the cost made me feel slightly sick, but I rationalised it as a bucket list deal. Honestly though, after experiencing it, I'd do it again tomorrow. It was like getting your own personal Metallica concert with 70,000 people in the background.

https://youtu.be/dyGIm-ImfSY?si=_2kLsG3Nd6v0ITf8

Quote from: Ducky on June 22, 2024, 10:14:34 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on June 22, 2024, 03:50:27 PMRush was the only band I ever broke the €50 limit for and, likewise, did so begrudgingly for a standing ticket. Them aside, however, if it's over €50, I'm not going. Fuck it. Small gigs are more fun, usually far fewer gobshites than the big gigs attract.

Yeah I paid €25 into see Revocation and spent the gig watching Dave Davidson play solos about a foot from my face.

Deadly

Davidson was a guy I kinda hoped would get the Pantera gig as a bit of a wild card.

And supporting Revocation at that gig was Alluvial and their guitarist, Wes Hauch, was mentioned as a Pantera option too. Now he's a fucking beast on guitar.

Quote from: mickO))) on June 21, 2024, 10:34:21 PMDidn't seem to be any surge pricing at either of the Pantera shows I went to last year.

Checked yesterday on the Glasgow date and prices are still what they are meant to be, so is it only Dublin gouging the prices

pretty much have seen everyone ever wanted to see over the years...50e is my limit now..anything over that they can get fcked..happy enough to fire up the hifi and bang on the cd with a bag a cans since covid anyway so fomo can suck a large one

Lads, ye deserve to get fleeced...you'd happily pay over the odds for a Pantera ticket yet at the same time, ye cunts thought it was grand to trample on astfgyl's civil liberties or thought that he should have taken an untested medical treatment and also give it to his kids because granny and grandad might die of the same shit that had been killing wake cunts in their eighties since the dawn of time. Think on that before ya start ranting about ticket prices.

If I was making a film about the gestapo/biopic about myself, Pantera would be the obvious soundtrack choice. #nofriendsandabottleofivermectin #whitepower

Quote from: The Great Cull on June 23, 2024, 09:03:53 AMAnd supporting Revocation at that gig was Alluvial and their guitarist, Wes Hauch, was mentioned as a Pantera option too. Now he's a fucking beast on guitar.

Yeah, and that young one of YouTube Kayla (?), who was definitely on their list too. She's bloody great at the Dime stuff.

Quote from: John Kimble on June 23, 2024, 04:01:07 PMLads, ye deserve to get fleeced...you'd happily pay over the odds for a Pantera ticket yet at the same time, ye cunts thought it was grand to trample on astfgyl's civil liberties or thought that he should have taken an untested medical treatment and also give it to his kids because granny and grandad might die of the same shit that had been killing wake cunts in their eighties since the dawn of time. Think on that before ya start ranting about ticket prices.

That's the fuckin shot lad!! Thanks for standing up for me. Oh wait, you probably didn't....

#175 June 23, 2024, 10:35:44 PM Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 10:45:12 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 23, 2024, 05:52:29 PMIf I was making a film about the gestapo/biopic about myself, Pantera would be the obvious soundtrack choice. #nofriendsandabottleofivermectin #whitepower

Yknow, I had you as Not Gestapo, as much as I disagreed with you at length over it all. I don't remember you ever suggesting I should be ostracised either and was of the opinion that you somewhat saw it like me from a civil liberties point of view like darwinism would sort me out if I was wrong and that was fine by me

Edit: I also think the IVM was a load of bollix because the only real thing was letting it run its course, as it turned out. All the rest was fluff and the most extreme form of capitalism possible. There should have been a study where lads were just given 4 cans a night until they were grand again, 2 days later.

Anyway, one of me mates went to download and saw Pantera and said they were well decent. Asked him about Zakk Wylde and he said the pinching was minimal outside of the solos, so that's something I guess. I'll sit on this until I come across a cheap standing ticket, which I definitely will. I actually can't wait for this tbh

20240623_225623.jpg

An actual doctor gave that to my missus during the furore and I laughed my bollix off

Go if you want to, so fucking what. I'm going I'm bringing my young lad , when realistically are we going to see the likes of Pantera Maiden Priest again
There is no one to replace these guys out there.

Yea, standing tickets at 200 beans a pop at the moment. Get ta fuck

Fair play to anyone who is going but life is stressful enough without the hassle of competing for overpriced tickets and the feeling that you are being fucked over by greedy cunts, fuck that...