FOMO is a hell of a marketing tool  :abbath:

My Mrs has travelled all over the country and abroad for Pink and was there last night. That's basically her thing full time when putting on tunes, and swears by an amazing show every time. So if it's only one gig every few years tis not so bad I guess! Certainly didn't seem over the hill to her - 20/10 apparently!  :laugh:

Quote from: londonleatherboy on June 21, 2024, 11:36:09 PMnot to go way off topic  and non metal rlated, but chatting to friend a mine today she was waxing lyrical to me about how Pink in Landsdowne Rd was worth every penny at €150 a pop standing...My Mrs got handed free pink tix on Patrick St in Cork off red fm or something about 13 years ago and dragged me along to  her in a 3/4 full Marquee.. I cant fathom how these acts all of a sudden become 'bucket list' almost overnight and now can charge despicable prices for what is over the hill bang average performances in a stadium.. when are people going to wake up to the fact they are being fucking rinced
In fairness this isnt bang average!

https://x.com/andreagilligan/status/1803923281101180994?t=y4ZrhZgxdRt-fOY7led1GA&s=19

Now let's see her do that with a drumkit in tow  :P

That song annoys the shit out of me. At no point in time have you ever been "a rockstar", sorry love.

Quote from: londonleatherboy on June 21, 2024, 11:36:09 PMnot to go way off topic  and non metal rlated, but chatting to friend a mine today she was waxing lyrical to me about how Pink in Landsdowne Rd was worth every penny at €150 a pop standing...My Mrs got handed free pink tix on Patrick St in Cork off red fm or something about 13 years ago and dragged me along to  her in a 3/4 full Marquee.. I cant fathom how these acts all of a sudden become 'bucket list' almost overnight and now can charge despicable prices for what is over the hill bang average performances in a stadium.. when are people going to wake up to the fact they are being fucking rinced

In a perfect world Live Nation etc. would want to be gutted top to bottom.

Think the most I ever paid to see one band was around €80 for Rush - that was a seating ticket (with a good view), they were my ultimate bucket list band, it was the classic lineup (not that they've ever really had any other lineup) and they played for over three hours. And even then I was still paying the asking price through gritted teeth.

This craic is just pure exploitation, especially when the brains behind Pantera have long since departed.

#157 June 22, 2024, 03:50:27 PM Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 03:52:10 PM by Bürggermeister
Rush was the only band I ever broke the €50 limit for and, likewise, did so begrudgingly for a standing ticket. Them aside, however, if it's over €50, I'm not going. Fuck it. Small gigs are more fun, usually far fewer gobshites than the big gigs attract.

I very rarely do big gigs,so this really is a rare occasion for me.Ive never see Pantera and everyone seems to be going are major factors too.

They can actually fuck right off with those prices. Don't even care how much I want to see anything I just wouldn't be playing along with this shit at all

A mate picked up a pair of tickets to that for €35 off Ticketmaster this morning  :laugh:

Was sitting with the brother earlier and he got a text from someone saying they had a free ticket. Serves em right for the bollixing