Quote from: Pain Medicine on June 21, 2024, 06:02:39 PMThink AC/DC went up to 315 or something for gold circle and 150 for general standing after they went on general sale. You will be able to get them for below face value come August. I will probably pick up a standing ticket for this for 50 on resale a few days before.

I'll be doing the same after missing out on the initial price

Quote from: Pain Medicine on June 21, 2024, 06:02:39 PMThink AC/DC went up to 315 or something for gold circle and 150 for general standing after they went on general sale. You will be able to get them for below face value come August. I will probably pick up a standing ticket for this for 50 on resale a few days before.

General standing for AC/DC was 150 from the beginning.

Lots of people giving out on the Facebook page and someone said they spoke to a TM rep who said only a 1/4 of the floor tickets have been sold. If this is the case then what went on today will probably fuck up the turnout for this gig.

Quote from: mickO))) on June 21, 2024, 08:29:16 PM

Lots of people giving out on the Facebook page and someone said they spoke to a TM rep who said only a 1/4 of the floor tickets have been sold. If this is the case then what went on today will probably fuck up the turnout for this gig.

Hopefully that's the craic and then I'll get cheap tickets and ticketmaster will get rodded

I remember checking Ticketmaster for AC/DC and seeing gold circle standing at 440 a ticket before fees.... Fuckin scandalous

Quote from: mickO))) on June 21, 2024, 08:18:03 PMStanding up at €205 now. Touting was made illegal here but Ticketmaster can openly do this.

Is it still considered touting when the bands themselves are green lighting it and pocketing the extra cash? It's easy to blame TM but any artist whose shows are subject to this has approved it.

Quote from: mickO))) on June 21, 2024, 08:29:16 PM

Quote from: Born of Fire on June 21, 2024, 09:20:49 PM

I remember checking Ticketmaster for AC/DC and seeing gold circle standing at 440 a ticket before fees.... Fuckin scandalous

Yeah just went back and checked my own posts from the AC/DC thread and it was €335 general and €440 gold circle.

What the actual fuck?  :)  I mean this is just Pantera right, not an Iron Maiden/Metallica double header or something?

Thanks to whoever put up that presale link here, saved me from this fuckery.

Quote from: The Great Cull on June 21, 2024, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on June 21, 2024, 08:18:03 PMStanding up at €205 now. Touting was made illegal here but Ticketmaster can openly do this.

Is it still considered touting when the bands themselves are green lighting it and pocketing the extra cash? It's easy to blame TM but any artist whose shows are subject to this has approved it.

Them or their management..? Not putting it beyond Pantera to approve it tbh, but if it's become more of an opt out than an opt in thing, I wonder how much bands even think about it. Robert Smith made a lot of noise against it last year having been opted in unknown.

Didn't seem to be any surge pricing at either of the Pantera shows I went to last year.

Big oul envelope from Live Nation to the Dail and anyone that tries to fuck with their money.

"Corporate VIP lads? Good pints in a glass? Bring the missus and kids too"

Quote from: Sworntothecans on June 21, 2024, 10:38:41 PM

Big oul envelope from Live Nation to the Dail and anyone that tries to fuck with their money.

I think Leo is more of a Cannibal Corpse fan

Quote from: The Great Cull on June 21, 2024, 10:46:04 PM
Quote from: Sworntothecans on June 21, 2024, 10:38:41 PM

I think Leo is more of a Cannibal Corpse fan

Barnes era as he can't stand Corpsegrinders charity work

not to go way off topic  and non metal rlated, but chatting to friend a mine today she was waxing lyrical to me about how Pink in Landsdowne Rd was worth every penny at €150 a pop standing...My Mrs got handed free pink tix on Patrick St in Cork off red fm or something about 13 years ago and dragged me along to  her in a 3/4 full Marquee.. I cant fathom how these acts all of a sudden become 'bucket list' almost overnight and now can charge despicable prices for what is over the hill bang average performances in a stadium.. when are people going to wake up to the fact they are being fucking rinced