Quote from: astfgyl on December 15, 2023, 06:10:43 PM
Quote from: The Great Cull on December 15, 2023, 05:54:58 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on December 15, 2023, 05:50:51 PMAlso every time I see the thread title, I wonder which day they're calling so I can have the gaff tidied up

Only copped that now  :laugh:
Fixed for you!

Aah should've left it  :laugh:

There was one time where some of Sepultura DID come for tea!

https://youtu.be/0A_jzTZCRQE?si=jTIdzXHqjFh5FWMw

He ended up in a pub I usually go to too and what's worse, I was actually in Mullingar that evening and decided not to go for a pint there.

Quote from: The Great Cull on December 15, 2023, 07:45:01 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on December 15, 2023, 06:10:43 PM
Quote from: The Great Cull on December 15, 2023, 05:54:58 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on December 15, 2023, 05:50:51 PMAlso every time I see the thread title, I wonder which day they're calling so I can have the gaff tidied up

Only copped that now  :laugh:
Fixed for you!

Aah should've left it  :laugh:

There was one time where some of Sepultura DID come for tea!

https://youtu.be/0A_jzTZCRQE?si=jTIdzXHqjFh5FWMw

He ended up in a pub I usually go to too and what's worse, I was actually in Mullingar that evening and decided not to go for a pint there.

What the actual fuck!

2 thoughts..

1st. Tanya would get it big time. Well not from me because I'm a married man but someone should.

2nd. What the actual fuck  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 15, 2023, 08:22:53 PMWho is Tanya?

Bassist from Mullingar. Has played with Dee Snider, Steven Adler, Whitesnake and is currently touring with Bruce Dickinson. She seems to be doing well as a session player.

Baffled me as well, never heard of her. I thought it was Ricky Warwick's wife from way back when.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: The Great Cull on December 15, 2023, 08:27:05 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 15, 2023, 08:22:53 PMWho is Tanya?

Bassist from Mullingar. Has played with Dee Snider, Steven Adler, Whitesnake and is currently touring with Bruce Dickinson. She seems to be doing well as a session player.

This is a mad thing really isn't it.

The unlikeliness of that Greene combo

It really is, where the fuck did this come out of?!

They do some kind of vegan podcast together. Obviously became friends over a piece of tofu and some chick peas.

Yeah it must have been the chick peas

I know. I'm a philistine.

Was actually on the clonakilty pudding tour over the summer. Amazing the things they can do with the blood sausage.

I'll show myself out. I'll be in the foyer with Roy chubby brown and the lad off bullseye if any of ye are looking for me

Quote from: Thorn on December 15, 2023, 08:56:20 PMBaffled me as well, never heard of her. I thought it was Ricky Warwick's wife from way back when.

That was the rock goddess that was Vanessa Warwick, she launched many a Manboat in the glorious '90s.

Sadly quickly turned into a chav hoor, hoop earrings an' all and went into real estate. Was riding someone from one of the various incarnations of Venom until he was done for drink driving.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on December 15, 2023, 07:15:29 PMWent on a bit of a Sepultura buzz since this thread went up, been going through all the albums again. Morbid/Bestial... has a crude charm but is still largely unlistenable. Scizophrenia is a massive progression. Beneath The Remains, though, is the peak of the Max stuff, still fucking monumental, closely followed by Arise. Chaos AD is half-banger, half-filler. Roots, title track aside, is a fucking chore, terrible plodding and directionless shite altogether.

Of the Greene era, Against has a lot of the problems of Roots but is listenable. Nation is not great at all. I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as bad as Roots but it's still fairly crap. Roorback is a massive step in the right direction. Dante, I just fucking love. It took a while for A-Lex to click, as it was such a departure from Dante, but when it did, yeah still rate it very highly. Kairos, not so much but it's ok. Mediator sounds like it could have been something good but it tends to go in one ear and out the other. Machine Messiah and Quadra are two parts of the same thing, in my mind. Quadra, is stronger, though the song Machine Messiah is one of the best things they ever put out, but we'll see how it ages.

As for post-Sep Max, Soulfly are/were fucking dreadful from the start, whoever thought someone could make a career regurgitating fucking Roots, quickly lost interest. I remember the first Cavalera thing with Iggor album getting a rave review on MI but it sounded fairly mediocre to me. Didn't hear the rest of the stuff under that name, I think there were another one or two albums? The only thing which he has done of interest in the last couple of decades are his "chug an early Celtic Frost riff and shout" cameos on the two Killer Be Killed albums.

May there never be a reunion!
on a bit a Green Sepultura buzz as I admittedly clocked out with them after A-lex. I was a big fan of Roorback when it was released and seen them in temple bar. Managed to meet Derek Green before the show which was cool as a 16/17 year old lad. I listened to Quadra last night and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. On to the other albums now I'm not familiar with. There's two decent documentaries on the making of their last two albums on YouTube I discovered too for anyone interested

Quote from: Carnage on December 16, 2023, 01:49:30 AM
Quote from: Thorn on December 15, 2023, 08:56:20 PMBaffled me as well, never heard of her. I thought it was Ricky Warwick's wife from way back when.

That was the rock goddess that was Vanessa Warwick, she launched many a Manboat in the glorious '90s.

Sadly quickly turned into a chav hoor, hoop earrings an' all and went into real estate. Was riding someone from one of the various incarnations of Venom until he was done for drink driving.

Aye that was the one, never saw the chav bit coming though  :laugh:

Oops