Damn decent. Gonna give the album a whirl now.

This is pretty much a full-on prog metal album. Definitely the one I'd be telling people to check out if they want to see that there is a post-Max Sepultura a hundred miles away from what original Sepultura was that's definitely worth some exploration.

QuoteWelcome to Sepultura Greyson Nekrutman ! Greyson will now take over the drumsticks on the Celebrating Life Through Death tour for the next 18 months, following Eloy's recent decision to leave the band. First shows start March 1. Swipe 👉 for more details.

Casagrande has left. Word is imminent announcement as Slipknot's new drummer.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 27, 2024, 03:29:46 PM
QuoteWelcome to Sepultura Greyson Nekrutman ! Greyson will now take over the drumsticks on the Celebrating Life Through Death tour for the next 18 months, following Eloy's recent decision to leave the band. First shows start March 1. Swipe 👉 for more details.

Casagrande has left. Word is imminent announcement as Slipknot's new drummer.

Nekrutman is a savage drummer.

Shame... but interesting replacement. Where Eloy had latin rhythms, Greyson has The Jazz but is a fucking beast in a camp child's body.

Videos are up, no doubt it's him. I'd forgotten how fucking terrible Slipknot are, those lyrics are excruciatingly bad.

They are indeed shocking. I picked up the first few albums when they came out, there were bits and bobs on them in terms of musicianship but the lyrics were always woeful. I had the debut on recently and couldn't make it past the first couple of songs. I think the ones that aged best were Volume 3 and All Hope.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 26, 2024, 08:29:09 AMThey are indeed shocking. I picked up the first few albums when they came out, there were bits and bobs on them in terms of musicianship but the lyrics were always woeful. I had the debut on recently and couldn't make it past the first couple of songs. I think the ones that aged best were Volume 3 and All Hope.

I like the dumb edginess of the first two. They're a gateway band for the folks that get the bug nowadays.
It'd be interesting to see how many folks got into extreme and underground stuff due to Joey's Terrorizer interview round the time of Iowa as he was plugging more Relapse stuff than Roadrunner.

The Seps live footage with Nekrutman is very good, he's been killing it.

They were very much a gateway band for me, a lot heavier than the other nu-metal bands they were lumped in with mostly because of Joeys drumming, and youre absolutely right about him name dropping older bands. Pretty sure I checked out Death and Suffocation because he listed them as an influence

I'd have no time for the stuff after he got kicked out, but would still throw on the older stuff now and then. Partly for the nostalgia kick, partly because there's some really good stuff on them