Dystopia is the only one I've heard after TSHF, given all the hype around it I got curious. And it's grand, but you're missing absolutely nothing if you never bother with it

I thought Endgame was decent when it was released, but as said above I find a lot of the newer stuff throw away. Dystopia wasn't terrible, some good playing on it to be fair

I remember enjoying some tunes off of United Abominations when it came out: Washington is Next, and the solo to Burnt Ice.
Apparently the Jap version has a cover of Out on the Tiles, you being a big Zep Head and all. I've not listened to it though.

Quote from: The Great Cull on August 09, 2024, 08:38:00 AMThere isn't a decent albums worth of songs after Youthanasia.

Rust In Peace I'd have said. At least half of CTE and Youthanasia is subpar filler to my ears, and after those two there're two or three decent tracks at most per album.

Disclaimer: I haven't heard the most recent one and only gave Dystopia one cursory listen at the time so they might buck the trend, but I really doubt it.

Quote from: Giggles on August 09, 2024, 02:18:20 PMApparently the Jap version has a cover of Out on the Tiles, you being a big Zep Head and all. I've not listened to it though.

Sound, I'll give it a listen. Although, if there's one thing Megadeth never did well, even at their peak, it's covers  :laugh:

Also, random thought this morning on the same theme: we're now as far from Dave singing about "back in the day" as he was from "the day" when he was singing about it in 2004!  :)  :-\

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 09, 2024, 02:42:55 PMif there's one thing Megadeth never did well, even at their peak, it's covers

No More Mr. Nice Guy aside, this is true. Their version of Paranoid is particularly bad.

As much as I love the sound of Megadeth, he covers on the first three albums always put a dent against them in the whole Metallica/Slayer/Megadeth argument, just totally unnecessary, imagine sticking I Ain't Superstitious smack bang in the middle of Master of Puppets or Reign in Blood? Madness.

Fuck it, this is a banger of a tune  :abbath:

Quote from: Carnage on August 09, 2024, 03:21:08 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 09, 2024, 02:42:55 PMif there's one thing Megadeth never did well, even at their peak, it's covers

No More Mr. Nice Guy aside, this is true. Their version of Paranoid is particularly bad.

No More Mr.Nice Guy is almost as bad as I Ain't Superstitious. 2 total abominations. At least Anarchy and These Boots had some piss and vinegar about them. ...Superstitious in particular ruins an otherwise perfect album.

Regarding the filler on CTE onwards, the rot was indeed setting in (Psychotron, Sweating Bullets and Captive Honour take a bow) and on Youthanasia we really didn't need the title track or Black Curtains or Victory but these were still the exception rather than the rule. From there on out you'd be hard pressed to find quality. Thank God those albums coincided with me moving from tape to CD otherwise I'd have been wasting lots of Walkman battery life fast forwarding the shite.

I've seen that countless times but it never stops being funny  :laugh:

Gene Hoglan and Jens Kidman appearing on soundtrack to season 2 of Rings of Power:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBYUs0u3r2w

I was watching the Coroner 'Rewind' doc again yesterday.

It's a brilliant watch overall, but the footage of Apollyon Sun and 'Endorama' era Kreator was so fucking cringeworthy, and reminded me how much awful music and naff posturing there was at that time. And that's before we even get to the fashion...