I wonder did yer one on The Memory Remains feel any shame or guilt as she accepted the cheque?

I think The Memory Remains is one of the best songs on Load/Reload. Definitely one of the last where the 'Tallica sounded genuine about their songcraft.

Musing - what must have it been like in the early days of heavy/black/death/doom metal for the lads committing it to tape? As in, I'm sure they sat there at one point and thought "holy shit, I've invented a new genre of music".

Going in to see Triumph of Death tonight. I only found out they were playing yesterday. Should be... interesting...  8)

Quote from: Bürggermeister on August 15, 2024, 07:51:01 PM
QuoteNailbomb, the short-lived 90's industrial/thrash metal band featuring Max Cavalera (Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy, Go Ahead And Die and ex-Sepultura) and Alex Newport (Fudge Tunnel), will reunite for its first show in more than two decades on November 9th at the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, Arizona. For unknown reasons, however, Newport is not involved in this reunion.

How can a two man band reunite if only one of them is there?  :-[

What the fuck  :laugh:

He's put on a bit of weight, maybe he counts as a reunion by default? (It's great to be perfect etc.)

I assume Igor will pĺay drums so maybe that's the reunion end of it, probably his son on the other guitar and vocals.

would def go see that. just watching the Dynamo show now. brilliant sound. wild crowd all jumping in unison. the messy, colourful band aesthetic that is classic 90's has actually aged well imo. i wonder why Newport wasnt arsed?

Is Newport the fella that plays bass in Conan now? Def a Fudge Tunnel guy.

No, that's Dave Ryley. Newport was guitar/vocals in FT. A producer now.

Quote from: Carnage on August 17, 2024, 05:02:01 PMNo, that's Dave Ryley. Newport was guitar/vocals in FT. A producer now.

Surprised he's producing when the Fudge Tunnel stuff was so bad tbh. I had a couple on here one night and thought they were awful stuff. Love his vocals on Nailbomb though

I fucking love that Nailbomb album, went to the work of the world years ago to get it and some degenerate scratched the fuck out of it at a party, must get a new one. Best thing Maxey boy did outside Seps in my opinion.

Jsut another shameless cash-in by the big lad. Reuninon me hole. Point Bank, wha!

It's hit and miss, some great stuff and some duds. Which is what you'd expect from the two behind it, their respective bands were also variable. When it's good, it's great though.

Maybe one for the controversial opinions thread, but Max is a fucking chancer. The artistic integrity of his career and Andreas Kisser's after the former exited Sepultura shows who the real brains behind the band was.

And as good as Igor is, Eloy eats him for breakfast.

Nothing controversial at all there, for me. Igor's grand, though, savage player in his day. He was doing stuff nobody else was doing at the time and left a long shadow.

Quote from: Ducky on August 17, 2024, 10:42:49 PMMaybe one for the controversial opinions thread, but Max is a fucking chancer. The artistic integrity of his career and Andreas Kisser's after the former exited Sepultura shows who the real brains behind the band was.

And as good as Igor is, Eloy eats him for breakfast.
100% agree, Max has made a career out of surrounding himself with better songwriters/guitarists and tried to make it look like everything was down to him

The whole "no Cavalera, no Sepultura" shtick ignores the massive leap they made on Schizophrenia when Andreas joined, and that wasn't because Max suddenly learned how to play

Left to his own, he came out with the first few shite Soulfly records, and then they massively improved when Marc Rizzo joined

Him and Gloria are basically a more underground Sharon and Ozzy. Fuck over everyone they work with, but make it look like the managers are the only culpable one