Kiddie metal or not, they're 3 for 3 for having excellent drummers.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on July 29, 2024, 11:05:07 AMKiddie metal or not, they're 3 for 3 for having excellent drummers.

And unceremoniously dumped two of them, Eloy better keep his options open!

Quote from: Trev on July 29, 2024, 12:30:16 PM
Quote from: Sworntothecans on July 29, 2024, 11:05:07 AMKiddie metal or not, they're 3 for 3 for having excellent drummers.

And unceremoniously dumped two of them, Eloy better keep his options open!

Yeah, Clown & Corey do seem to be rather cunty when it comes to business.

#498 July 29, 2024, 03:42:41 PM Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 03:44:58 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Sworntothecans on July 27, 2024, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: Mithrandir on July 27, 2024, 10:13:01 AMI don't know much about hardcore, but am I right in thinking it's the trendy/cool thing to listen to at the moment or am I just seeing more of it than before? I've never seen so many people in real tree/camo caps talking about "crowd killing and 2 stepping in the pit".  It seems the same people think they're somewhat unique by listening to Speed and Knocked loose but seems like the biggest bandwagon thing currently?

It's got a bit of a push via tiktok in the last 18 months and the NYT/Guardian wrote two daft articles about it, so there's a bit of bandwagon jumping going on.

Same treatment as black
metal/punk/metal got. Scene tourists take a look rob some of the aesthetics,old heads get into arguments about "gatekeeping", the tourists get frightened at a live gig and hopefully fuck off.

Speed are great craic though.

It's grand lads, the His Hero is Gone lps are still in print, no need for the gym wear stuff. :laugh:

Having said that, the Speed song with the flute in it is highly entertaining. Terrible band otherwise.

Hardcore exists in many forms, the fact this facet of it is getting attention is grand, it'll fuck off again in time.

It's fun seeing the scene gatekeepers getting having a moan about it online.

Same amount of pearl clutching as the black metal lads had when Vice were saying Liturgy were kvlt & trve 😂😂😂😂😂😂

#500 July 29, 2024, 04:03:29 PM Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 04:05:53 PM by Pentagrimes
If you're referring to me there I'm certainly no scene gatekeeper at this stage, little to no involvement in that or any other scene bar as a listener nowadays,none of my business what younger people are into, so take my comments as firmly tongue in cheek.

Unless you want to talk about power violence..I'll gatekeep that shit all day long  :laugh:

No calling out there and definitely knew it was tongue in cheek😂.

But definitely seen a few bits in insta over the last few months where there's a lot of folks getting pissy about Turnstile/Drain/Scowl etc bringing non 'core folks to the shows. It's all a bit silly.

Waiting for Spazz & Charles Bronson to get discovered by Tik Tokkers now 😂

I love how the entire atmosphere of Be My Druidess switches from upbeat pop to dark vampiricism when Steele sings,  "I'll do anything to make you cum". It's so fucking cold and evil sounding. Genius.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 04, 2024, 12:57:56 AMI love how the entire atmosphere of Be My Druidess switches from upbeat pop to dark vampiricism when Steele sings,  "I'll do anything to make you cum". It's so fucking cold and evil sounding. Genius.

That section doesn't get praised enough. It's magic. I know Pink Floyd aren't your thing but the only other such dramatic shift in atmosphere I've heard is Goodbye Blue Sky.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 04, 2024, 12:57:56 AMI love how the entire atmosphere of Be My Druidess switches from upbeat pop to dark vampiricism when Steele sings,  "I'll do anything to make you cum". It's so fucking cold and evil sounding. Genius.

And it's coming to October Rust listening time of year as well, the only good thing about August...

Had it on myself two nights ago and was thinking again how great the lyrics are. The constantly evocative swing between doom and whimsy, dominance and submission, just perfection.

I listen to October Rust pretty much all year round but it does have an extra sparkle in autumn for some reason.

It's one of the handful of albums that I think might be the best ever when I have it on

Quote from: astfgyl on August 04, 2024, 10:15:43 PMIt's one of the handful of albums that I think might be the best ever when I have it on

I have that exact experience but that goes for Type O in general.

It's one of the greatest albums ever for me and I count myself so so lucky for having seeing them in the SFX on that tour.
I actually met Pete Steele on South Williams St on the Friday of that weekend. It was around 4.30.
I was working in Peacock Alley.
We were standing outside on a cigarette break and one of my colleagues said " look at the size of that cunt" He had the black Lemmy style hat peaked hat,  green army style t shirt and leather pants. Stood out like a sore thumb.
I knew who it was and went over giggling like a child and he was quite polite and talkative. I was like a fanboy and basically told him I thought he was the second coming.
He asked about a good place for local pussy.
I'm not joking. I gave  directions to Bruxelles saying of there was women there they would know who he was.
Dunno if he got his hole as he never thanked me from the stage.