Quote from: Ducky on July 22, 2024, 10:20:41 PM
Quoteno other band in heavy music wields the same number of masterfully crafted albums

Pretty sure there's plenty of bands with four or more decent records :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Surely if anyone deserves that accolade, it is Motorhead? They wielded what, 5, or maybe 6 times as many "masterfully crafted" albums as Metallica, and over a period almost 40 years. No St Angers, no 'Some Kind Of Monsters' very little in the way of pure cringe...     

Quote from: The Wretch on July 23, 2024, 03:42:06 PM
Quote from: Ducky on July 22, 2024, 10:20:41 PM
Quoteno other band in heavy music wields the same number of masterfully crafted albums

Pretty sure there's plenty of bands with four or more decent records :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Surely if anyone deserves that accolade, it is Motorhead? They wielded what, 5, or maybe 6 times as many "masterfully crafted" albums as Metallica, and over a period almost 40 years. No St Angers, no 'Some Kind Of Monsters' very little in the way of pure cringe...     

It's a wild article, no doubt written who only has a cursory knowledge of popular music, let alone more underground wares (not that Motorhead are underground, but you know what I mean).

Your second point leads to what could be a counter article - very few popular bands have managed to plumb depths as low as Some Kind of Monster (or St. Anger, or Lulu). Imagine Kerry King sitting around talking about his feelings :laugh:

#482 July 24, 2024, 09:46:07 AM Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 09:48:19 AM by Count Magnus Reason: :)
I'd watch that movie. It could be called Help Awaits, or Therapy Sessions in the Abyss.

Apparently Gojira are playing at the Olympics opening ceremony tonight, that's fairly mad.

There's also an absolute deluge forecast  :-X

Quote from: ldj on July 26, 2024, 11:01:43 AMApparently Gojira are playing at the Olympics opening ceremony tonight, that's fairly mad.
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 26, 2024, 11:09:03 AMThere's also an absolute deluge forecast  :-X

L'eau font sauvage

That was an unexpected sight to see them there, shame they had that opera singer going over them

Quote from: Count Magnus on July 24, 2024, 09:46:07 AMI'd watch that movie. It could be called Help Awaits, or Therapy Sessions in the Abyss.

"Help Awaits" genuinely made me crack up. Kudos Sir, kudos. 

I don't know much about hardcore, but am I right in thinking it's the trendy/cool thing to listen to at the moment or am I just seeing more of it than before? I've never seen so many people in real tree/camo caps talking about "crowd killing and 2 stepping in the pit".  It seems the same people think they're somewhat unique by listening to Speed and Knocked loose but seems like the biggest bandwagon thing currently?

Quote from: Mithrandir on July 27, 2024, 10:13:01 AMI don't know much about hardcore, but am I right in thinking it's the trendy/cool thing to listen to at the moment or am I just seeing more of it than before? I've never seen so many people in real tree/camo caps talking about "crowd killing and 2 stepping in the pit".  It seems the same people think they're somewhat unique by listening to Speed and Knocked loose but seems like the biggest bandwagon thing currently?

It's got a bit of a push via tiktok in the last 18 months and the NYT/Guardian wrote two daft articles about it, so there's a bit of bandwagon jumping going on.

Same treatment as black
metal/punk/metal got. Scene tourists take a look rob some of the aesthetics,old heads get into arguments about "gatekeeping", the tourists get frightened at a live gig and hopefully fuck off.

Speed are great craic though.

Quote from: The Wretch on July 26, 2024, 10:14:30 PM
Quote from: Count Magnus on July 24, 2024, 09:46:07 AMI'd watch that movie. It could be called Help Awaits, or Therapy Sessions in the Abyss.

"Help Awaits" genuinely made me crack up. Kudos Sir, kudos. 

:laugh: I was going to add At Dawn They Speak About Their Feelings, but thought better of it.

Good for Eloy Cassagrande that he's using his considerable talent to (presumably) make some decent cash for himself playing in Slipknot, but bums as a listener that his considerable talent is now in Slipknot.

Yeah, great talent wasted in kiddie metal. Hopefully they split up soon and he joins a grown-up band again. He won't have any shortage of options.