Unreal album. I think I ever so slightly prefer Bloody Kisses, but throwing one or the other one the hi-fi is like thinking "will I take the Porsche or Ferrari out to the country house this weekend" :laugh:

Probably had the best pop sensibilities in all of metal, and one of the few that knew how to make a cover song their own as well.

Bloody Kisses is just brilliant as well. I used to think it was more cut and dried that OR was the better of them, and it still just shades it for me but Bloody Kisses has really aged fantastically as well. Think I'll throw that one on today while I'm off spinning in the car

:laugh:  took a second to work out who I was looking at.

That Ambassador thread made me reach for The System Has Failed. Without having fully explored any of the ones after it, would anyone defend any of them being as good as or better than System? I tend to take it to be the best post-Youthanasia album (better than Cryptic Writings, Risk, or World Needs A Hero imo), but maybe I'm missing out on a gem..?

United Abominations is where I hopped off the Megadeth train. Utterly disposable. I somehow own a copy of Thirteen but it is fucking shite. Don't waste your time, money or emotional energy.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 08, 2024, 10:51:07 PMThat Ambassador thread made me reach for The System Has Failed. Without having fully explored any of the ones after it, would anyone defend any of them being as good as or better than System? I tend to take it to be the best post-Youthanasia album (better than Cryptic Writings, Risk, or World Needs A Hero imo), but maybe I'm missing out on a gem..?

I'm a big fan of System, and honestly enjoyed Endgame just as much. Easily their best two outside the classics. There's a few dud songs on it (including The Hardest Part of Letting Go sure was a choice), but it's mostly a worthwhile spin. Like if they threw Bite the Hand, Head Crusher, or How the Story Ends into a live set I wouldn't be upset by their inclusion.

The last record was halfway decent as well. Your man Kiko is (was) their best lead player since Friedman. We'll Be Back in particular has a decent bite to it.

Might stick Endgame on over brekkie now :abbath:

There isn't a decent albums worth of songs after Youthanasia. The System Has Failed has 3, maybe 4 songs, same goes for Cryptic Writings. I like Washington Is Next although it's a total Wasted Years ripoff. Never got the love for Endgame with the exception of the song with the bass intro lifted from Alice In Chains - Would. I sadly also have 13 and there is nothing there at all. I've skimmed through the others and even the lauded Dystopia is total shite.