#465 July 11, 2024, 11:41:49 AM Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 01:17:33 PM by The Wretch
Sadly yes he was using PRS!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: And they looked awful. He switched to Dean and then Caparison I think.

Donais is a decent player alright. As was Caggiano to be fair. And Paul Crook is solid too as it happens. I'm not knocking any of those guys really. But Spitz leads were all so memorable, and he was one of those players whose work really elevated the songs to another level.

It's a shame that project with Mustaine didn't work out.  I know he was still involved in the Red Lamb album as a co-producer, but it felt like half finished ideas for the most part. Had they collaborated more closely it had the potential to be something really good.

In fairness the TMNT guitar was kinda cool!

Quote from: Sworntothecans on July 11, 2024, 11:53:47 AMIn fairness the TMNT guitar was kinda cool!

The original Jackson Rhoads TMNT was the business. And the Fantastic Four one too.

Just watching one of those videos where they go up to random people and be like "can you name 3 songs of the band on your shirt" fuck if I was put on the spot like that I probably couldn't name 3 Metallica songs let alone anything else.

Quote from: Mithrandir on July 15, 2024, 08:32:05 AMJust watching one of those videos where they go up to random people and be like "can you name 3 songs of the band on your shirt" fuck if I was put on the spot like that I probably couldn't name 3 Metallica songs let alone anything else.

I'd be the same.  I'm wearing a Deathwish t-shirt this morning.  I know they are from England, have two albums from the late 80s (maybe early 90s) one I have on vinyl and one I have on CD.  Demon Peacher (CD) and At the Edge of Damnation (LP). Both bought of eBay in the early 00s. Have a t-shirt of both albums. Demon Peacher may not fit anymore as I have gotten alot fatter.

Posted about them on both the old forum and this one.  Remember Rich Walker and Alan Averill both loving them, I think I have even seen AA in a Demon Peacher T-shirt but I can't think of any song names bar the obvious...

I really do hate my brain sometimes.

Ah sure, when your collection gets to a certain point it's impossible to remember all that shite. Add in the effects of the passage of time on the grey matter... not a hope.

I love Asmoodeus's vocals on the early Mystifier albums. I love how almost every line of lyrics is too long to make it in any way rhythmically pleasing so he just rips into it as quickly as he can even though the music is often slow. It sounds fucking savage.

Also, Wagner Antichrist's vocals on INRI are evil as hell with the mix of straight up attacking style, whispers and pitch shifted vomits. See also Nuclear Holocausto Vengeance on Drawing Down the Moon for the same. Nasty.

#472 July 15, 2024, 06:30:08 PM Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 06:31:39 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 11, 2024, 12:23:44 AMI like the PRS too but yeah , it's not a very rock n roll looking guitar.
Had one of the cheaper ones, worst guitar I've ever had.

Ever thought you needed to read an article  explaining the order of release of Metallica albums ? Look no further:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/entertainment/article/metallica-albums/

Clickbait reaches a new low.

Quoteno other band in heavy music wields the same number of masterfully crafted albums

Pretty sure there's plenty of bands with four or more decent records :laugh:

QuoteMetallica's tour bus skid on a patch of ice

They didn't even bother proof-reading this piece of shit article.

Shocking, it should read "Metallica's tour bus skid on a patch of ice, yo".

It should read "Metallica's tour bus SKIDDED on a patch of ice, but unfortunately Lars Ulrich survived."

Metallica's tour bus skied on a patch of ice?