I hope it's not what you think it is  >:( 

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on October 03, 2023, 10:45:38 AM
Quote from: mickO))) on October 02, 2023, 09:43:10 PMhttps://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0930/1408201-offaly-violent-incident/

This is another bad one. From what I have read in a few places the killer may be a close relative of the victim.

I dread to ask, but what  is the video they mention thats in circulation?

Seems to be a video of the murder. But luckily it doesn't seem to be doing the rounds. I haven't seen it in any of the usual places that you would see that type of thing posted and don't know anyone that has come across it.

Aftermath of her killing. Gory.

Someone at work said he streamed the murder.

It's all chinese whispers but I heard the same. Various 'details' from lads in the fire brigade (they gossip like it's an olympic sport): he was autistic, filmed the murder, filmed the aftermath, used a hammer, used a hatchet, used a machete, decapitated her, smashed her face in, etc., etc. We'll never know the truth of it 'til the trial, if there is one.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 03, 2023, 11:17:38 AM
Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on October 03, 2023, 10:45:38 AM
Quote from: mickO))) on October 02, 2023, 09:43:10 PMhttps://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0930/1408201-offaly-violent-incident/

This is another bad one. From what I have read in a few places the killer may be a close relative of the victim.

I dread to ask, but what  is the video they mention thats in circulation?

Seems to be a video of the murder. But luckily it doesn't seem to be doing the rounds. I haven't seen it in any of the usual places that you would see that type of thing posted and don't know anyone that has come across it.

Good to hear that it doesn't seem to be spreading. Anyone sharing that kinda stuff is an absolute fuckin ghoul.

the video has more or less disappeared off the net, but I was (un)lucky enough to be online within the hour it happened and seen the reuploads, not live, he used a small and full size fibreglass hammer and kitchen knives, you could see the kitchen floor through the hole in her head. One thing I did see was the first time he was name was by a local post, they had a ton of links to a few newspaper articles about him going missing and that this isn't his first murder also, he alluded to the fact he killed a girl when he was 13 (2 years ago) in the area, due to Autism, age etc...didn't do time or something, some old biddy scolded him and he took it all down.
Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

I was chatting to someone who was at the scene (his sister in law is a neighbour of the victim) tonight, understandably he didn't want to talk much about it. But: he used a lump hammer, filmed it and at the end of the video he said (words to the effect of) "what do you think of that, lads?" Grim.

Fucking hell, sounds like something out of a horror movie.
People like that just need to be taken out, there's no rehabilitation for something like that.

Quote from: locustfurnace on October 03, 2023, 10:03:55 PMthe video has more or less disappeared off the net, but I was (un)lucky enough to be online within the hour it happened and seen the reuploads, not live, he used a small and full size fibreglass hammer and kitchen knives, you could see the kitchen floor through the hole in her head. One thing I did see was the first time he was name was by a local post, they had a ton of links to a few newspaper articles about him going missing and that this isn't his first murder also, he alluded to the fact he killed a girl when he was 13 (2 years ago) in the area, due to Autism, age etc...didn't do time or something, some old biddy scolded him and he took it all down.

Who was uploading it and where was it been shown? Surely not on something
like Facebook?

Think it was on snapchat initially, then spread through Whatsapp etc.

A lot of unsuspecting individuals received it through Whatsapp groups - I was reading one account on Boards of someone receiving it through a cycling group. You'd have to wonder what sort of arsehole would lob something like that into a group chat?

Surely a criminal offence to send some thing like that? If you consider the guy who held up a picture of the boy who had cancer at a football match is facing a potential custodial sentence, then anyone who sent that should be bricking it.

It is yeah, think you can get a max of two years for it and a hefty fine

They tend not to punish people for that here, very busy tracking down people that didn't pay their TV Licence fee etc.

The only time I can recall it being done was in relation to the Ana Kriegel case, I think they really wanted to make an example of a few people.

This one is different though, I think everyone in the country must know who the individual is at this point.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on October 04, 2023, 07:23:45 AMYou'd have to wonder what sort of arsehole would lob something like that into a group chat?

A mate of mine works as a welder, and this would be the type of thing that could end up in his group chat. I'm not shitting on builders here or anybody involved in a trade, but according to him, yeah this is just the kind of Rotten.com content that gets passed around within those circles. I guess some people just get desensitised to it and think that other people should see it, maybe as a prank or simply out of morbid curiosity.

Quote from: Trev on October 04, 2023, 09:04:57 AMIt is yeah, think you can get a max of two years for it and a hefty fine

Max of €12000 I read on some article.

What really pissed me off about said article was that they were really encouraging people to delete the video if they have received it:

- Not out of respect for the woman and the horrific way in which she was murdered.
- Not out of respect for her friends and family.

But for the LAW which states that as the kid is under 18 and due in court, his identity MUST be protected, and sharing the video could reveal his identity. As if that has a higher priority over the actual murder or something.