Mad to think that marks the halfway point of the career

Still think there might be a decent album in there if they fixed the sound, cut the run time and repetition, added solos, rewrite the lyrics, different artwork...so basically keep a few of the riffs and make a whole new album

Quote from: astfgyl on April 01, 2023, 03:48:55 PMPretty sure metal hammer gave it the 10/10 as well the bastards trying to tell me it was like Justice and I skipped off on day one to buy the rotten thing

I queued with a couple of mates and bought it at midnight!  :laugh:  :abbath:

That was one helluvan awkward listening session. I was surprised but not surprised that it was shit, but one of the mates was a hardcore fan, defended everything they ever did, and he was visibly struggling with the dissonance of the experience  :laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 01, 2023, 09:42:45 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on April 01, 2023, 03:48:55 PMPretty sure metal hammer gave it the 10/10 as well the bastards trying to tell me it was like Justice and I skipped off on day one to buy the rotten thing

I queued with a couple of mates and bought it at midnight!  :laugh:  :abbath:

That was one helluvan awkward listening session. I was surprised but not surprised that it was shit, but one of the mates was a hardcore fan, defended everything they ever did, and he was visibly struggling with the dissonance of the experience  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I went to the brother's house with the fuckin thing for the public listen and I was doing some fair old mental gymnastics to convince the lad that we should listen to the end before we decided it was awful. Fackin ell basically

St. Anger deservedly gets slated but at least the guitar tone had some bit of heft to it compared to now where it just sounds so weak.

"but at least" should never be used to justify anything about stanger, not a single second, it's utter shite :)

QuotePretty sure metal hammer gave it the 10/10 as well the bastards trying to tell me it was like Justice and I skipped off on day one to buy the rotten thing

They did, and continue with sycophantic write ups. The magazines need the likes of Metallica more than ever now, makes for painful reading when they try find the angle that allows them to give it full marks.

Looks like Lars will be missing from the upcoming EU tour.

Megadave's Dirk Verbeuren will be sitting in for him.

#263 April 03, 2023, 06:51:11 PM Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 06:54:24 PM by Bürggermeister
Surely 2 days late, no?  :laugh:

QuoteIn an email sent out to members of the press, Californian thrash metal icons Metallica has announced that drummer and founding member Lars Ulrich will be unable to join them on the upcoming European Tour. No further information was revealed, but the band asked for the press and fans to respect the drummer's privacy.

Taking his place behind the drum kit will be former Soilwork drummer Dirk Verbeuren, now of Megadeth, Bent Sea, Tronos, Brave The Cold and Kill Division. While no quote was given, Verbeuren was said to be very excited about the opportunity to perform with "America's number one thrash band" and claimed it had been a while since he was "part of a show people still wanted to see."

The musician, who has also filled in for Testament, Devin Townsend, At The Gates and Satyricon and is known for his many collaborations, is expected to also be ready to fill in for Pantera should they need him and is excited about the off days in the tour schedule, as it will give him the opportunity to form another five or six bands.

#264 April 03, 2023, 08:31:13 PM Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 08:35:47 PM by jobrok1
Was  thinking that myself...  :P
Depends when the email was dated, though.
So not beyond the realms of total bullshit.  😂

A couple of sites have run with it.

"Verbeuren was said to be very excited about the opportunity to perform with "America's number one thrash band" and claimed it had been a while since he was "part of a show people still wanted to see."  ;)

There's not a single critic out there willing to tell it like it is. Just read the headline. The emperors new clothes

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/metallica-72-seasons-1234708231/

Sure just look at the YouTube comments on those songs released so far. Cunts falling over themselves to proclaim how incredible the songs are. There's a strong market for total shit!

Quote from: Rolling Stone MagazineMaking it through those first 72 seasons may have been torture for Metallica, but now they're just realizing they survived the apocalypse to share their wisdom

..... what?